Question Story scene, player choosing an outfit and carrying it over to additional scenes

Mixolydian

Reactions
I'm making a story scene and would like to add a few buttons for the player to have different outfit selections. I've set up some buttons and they work fine in the current scene, but when loading into the next scene, it loads the outfit saved into the scene.

I tried adding another trigger on the outfit buttons, to save the chosen outfit preset to store 1. Then I added a trigger at the start of the next scene to load all from store 1. This didn't work though, and I can't figure out another way.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching. Thanks in advance for any help!

I haven't tried to keep a selected preset from scene to scene. If saving to store doesn't work, I can't think of another way.

Do you really need that other scene, though?
Maybe you should try to make your story fit into 1 scene only, use triggers to pose your characters, hide stuff that is not needed anymore and make new things appear :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply ZRSX! I hadn't thought of that as an option, partially because I'm changing locations often, and there are quite a few of them. I've enabled and disabled other objects as the timeline unfolds, but I hadn't thought of doing that with the environments themselves.

I'm also concerned that eventually my scene will become too large. I suppose I could find points in the story to break it into separate files when I don't need to carry anything over.

Now I'm wondering how challenging it'll be to merge all my scenes that I've been making separately. :)

Thanks again for the help!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply ZRSX! I hadn't thought of that as an option, partially because I'm changing locations often, and there are quite a few of them. I've enabled and disabled other objects as the timeline unfolds, but I hadn't thought of doing that with the environments themselves.

I'm also concerned that eventually my scene will become too large. I suppose I could find points in the story to break it into separate files when I don't need to carry anything over.

Now I'm wondering how challenging it'll be to merge all my scenes that I've been making separately. :)

Thanks again for the help!
Subscene is a better compromise. Keep the selection in the parent scene. Perhaps use @MacGruber plugins to do the selection with state machine + choice in the parent scene. The models, and everything else can be part of a subscene

Upvote 0
Using a SelectChoice brick (from LogicBricks) may be helpful.

Otherwise, I think there is an option on the Person atom somewhere to lock the appearence of a character when merge loading, not sure it applies for subscenes.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom