Question Is it possible to copy and paste two actors and their animations and link them into another scene?

iceeweenee

Reactions
Quick question:

So a lot of the scenes are very dark. I've been able to add some lighting but I also got a bunch of cool assets that give me new bedrooms and all that. I delete the atom and import my own into it but it of course blows everything up. Some of them I also cannot import as a CustomAsset or whatever it is and have to open the scene itself. I'm not good enough to make my own animations yet to utilize the scene so I'm wondering if it's possible to copy and paste two actors and their animations into another scene.

I don't know if you can also link them together so you can move them at the same time so everything doesn't get messed up and they're in the right positions to do their thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps, but there's many ways to do animation, a scene has more potentially connected things than just persons and animations which would break if not present in the new scene (eg. UI buttons with triggers), and many other factors to consider.
All this requires experience and depending on the original scene design it may be just too hard to do.

VamX does something of this sort, I don't know much about it as I don't use it. Check it out.
With VaM alone this will require dedication and experience, which I absolutely support because if you learn how to do things you're not bound by others work and you can make scenes come closer to what you enjoy.

Your last paragraph, yes, add a subscene and parent them to it. You can then move the subscene around and all parented persons will move together. See the instructions on a scene I made as a template for different scenarios:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom