• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Stars rounding

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
It's been a while and I really didn't want to make a fuss because, you know, it's not that important... but I think rounding may be better than flooring here :)

1596250859281.png

I knoooow I'm being self centered and all, but I felt that I may not be the only one who got a 4 stars review and went "nooooooooo!"

It's been a while and I really didn't want to make a fuss because, you know, it's not that important... but I think rounding may be better than flooring here :)

View attachment 5457

I knoooow I'm being self centered and all, but I felt that I may not be the only one who got a 4 stars review and went "nooooooooo!"
so, maybe you will repent of your primary original sin (giving away for free the fruit of your crazy pervertion). This is a promotional intimidation from the federal Patreon inquisitors team. AllPledgesMatter.

I have just created a new addon for this system that changes the rounding by 0.25. So now 4.75 and above is considered 5 stars. 4.25-4.74 is 4.5 stars. 3.75-4.24 is 4 stars, etc.

As a consumer not a creator I feel like low reviews on FREE stuff are BS. Send the author a constructive neg comment or forum type post if you want but a low review seems harsh. Anyway @Acid Bubbles that leash one is 5 stars now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If a review is really unfair it can be reported and removed if needed. There have been a couple cases of this already. One reviewer just spammed a bunch of content just because it was futa. That person received a warning.

Not exactly the same thing, but more or less related :

When you click the "top resources" title, I noticed that the "average top score" is based on the review, not an aggregation or some kind of average on the review + (positive) reactions.

I can take Auto pupils as an example. The resource as a lot of reactions but not so much reviews. The result is that the resource may be way lower than any other resource that has almost no reaction but 2 or 3 more reviews.

I think some users are way too lazy to put a review and are dropping a reaction instead. At some point I think it would be wiser to take both into account in the top resources page :)

Back
Top Bottom