Remove the star rating system

Reactions
I'm wanting to start the ball rolling on this.
I don't necessarily have any sort of essay or big investigation to post about this, but as someone who lurks and contributes more on the discord, I've seen chatter of suggestion of need to remove the star rating system on content posts. Completely. No 1 star ratings, no 5 star ratings, nothing.
Content posted would either be rated 1 star, if any at all, or 5 stars. Rarely are in-between ratings used. Simplistically speaking, people will either like the content, or not. There's no need for any middle ground on these things.
Essentially, it's also exploitable to trolling. Removing the system will remove an avenue used for trolling and free up resources on need for moderation.

I'll leave it to others to give their input, but just wanted to start with that. I might post more later.

idk, people's interests in VAM scenes are vast so a 1 star review and a 5 star review are both going to exist even for a well made scene that isn't in someone's engrossment...

Also, almost all forms of E-review like discussions, reactions, star ratings, downloads, views, are subject to Netflix style astroturfing, you know where a movie is rated 4.7 out of 5 by click farmers and then it drops sharply after netflix decides the click farmers need to "promote" the next one

I've recently become aware that a thread already exists.

No, star ratings are useful. Otherwise you couldnt filter the good from the bad content.

No, star ratings are useful. Otherwise you couldnt filter the good from the bad content.
Consider implementing a 'commendation system.' Each individual is granted a single commendation per day, week, or month. This approach would allow us to assess the content that garners the most commendations. It also mitigates the potential for trolling, as users would be unable to assign a 1-star rating in an ecosystem where 5 stars are customary. This safeguards against situations where numerous outstanding pieces of content might evoke varying responses from users. (in other words: they may trigger some people)

So you mean a like, right?
I personally dont care what system is implemented, as long as there is a system.

If there wouldnt be any system, what about 2 years old content for example? You couldnt find it.
Of course star ratings arent ideal, this way. But it does the job somehow.

So you mean a like, right?
Certainly not. We have the capability to provide an unlimited number of likes.

I personally dont care what system is implemented, as long as there is a system.

If there wouldnt be any system, what about 2 years old content for example? You couldnt find it.
Of course star ratings arent ideal, this way. But it does the job somehow.

I'm not advocating for the absence of a system. Instead, I'm focused on enhancing or altering the existing one.

The primary issue with the existing system revolves around the potential for individuals to engage in trolling behavior, wherein they might assign a 1-star rating to exceptional content over trivial matters (such as personal dislike for the author's name or other nonsensical reasons). Consequently, the moderation team is compelled to remove these trolling evaluations, inadvertently introducing bias into the system. This bias stems from the fact that the mod team's judgments regarding whether a vote is genuine or a troll are influenced by their subjective perspectives on the content

The rating system could have sense if rating is allowed only from VAM AFTER loading the content. Now it's just based on pictures and description "the new movie with Leonardo is great, haven't seen it yet. 10/10"

Just popping in to let everyone know we are following the thread and we do want to hear your perspectives.

A couple things to add...

As far as moderators removing 1 stars based on biased opinion, this doesn't really happen. Reviews are removed based on policies that are pretty clear cut:

1. If the review isn't really a review ("I couldn't figure out how to load the plugin because I didn't ask")

2. A complaint about the nature of the content ("I don't want to have to pay for this, it should be free")

3. Harassment or abuse ("This sucks and you suck and VaM sucks")

We generally don't remove 1 stars if they are an actual review, but we may contact the reviewer to encourage a more constructive review. For example, if the review just says "This is the worst scene ever" then we may ask the reviewer to revise this to an explanation of *why* this is the worst scene ever.

We also have effective safeguards in place to prevent or discourage spam boosting of reactions or reviews, and those accounts found to be participating in this kind of activity are dealt with swiftly when discovered. That is part of our dedication to keeping the community healthy and safe.

Just wanted to clarify those points. Carry on! ❤️

In the case of sensory evaluation, since each person is different, good or bad and likes or dislikes cannot be used as criteria.
Most authors create them because they think they are good, and thankfully they published them too.

The number of downloads also doubles in some cases if you UPDATE,
If you update frequently, you can make the number.
I think VAMHUB is considering this, but I think it's difficult to judge.

I feel that we should first make a page about internet literacy.
Since it is preferable that information is not easily manipulated,
I think a system that prompts random viewers to enter a thumbs-up would be preferable.
You should include "average" in your rating. (Don't need bad mark)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom