• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Some stuff I just can't figure out. Noob questions

Rinne

Reactions
I just started VaM & this thing is so confusing to use. So sry for all the questions.

1. How do you load a 2nd model & Room/Map/Item to an already open scene? On the UI one of the taps is to "Add Atom" but all Categories is just to add some default in-game stuff & I want to load models/items that I downloaded.

2. Whenever I load an animation, it also loads whatever models/map it was used with. So how can I take the animation alone & add it to whatever other model(s) I have open?
The "Animations" tap is just for default in-game. And the "Animation Presets" it doesn't show any of the animations I have installed. It's just empty.
I think I came across a Plugin that it was for copying a models animation & loading it to another?
For example, how do I take a animation that has a male & female kissing & add to my own two models? Just the animation alone.

3. Do Plugins & Morphs load automatically when you start the game or do you need to load them one by one manually? If so, how exactly?

4. Whenever I load a model, it has multiple hairstyles to choose from. Like 10+ pages worth. While other models only have like 3 pages. I check the boxes but nothing. Do some models just can't wear other model's hairstyle? or what causes this?

5. How do I get all the bones controls to appear when posing a model? (The little green squares) As it stands, Pressing T only shows the hands/feet/hip/head/back. I have to move around the knees/elbows/etc around for them to appear.

6. How do I add make-up to a model? lipstick/eyeshadow/etc. Or is it not possible?

7. How do I pose fingers?

Some quick ansers:

1. After adding the atom, you can load an "appearance preset". Most scenes don't bundle a preset, so what you can do is load the look you like, save a preset and you'll then be able to load it in other scenes!

2. This is not as simple as that. Animations are usually in fact multiple plugins, mocap, and other procedural/collision-based animations. So long story short, you cannot reliably just import an animation without really learning how it was made. In some cases you can export them (e.g. Timeline) but even then it's usually very scene-dependent.

3. They do, when the var is there it'll show up (if the var was made correctly)

4. Males and females have separate hairstyle; the other reasons would be having tag filters, active only or search filter.

5. There's a setting to show deactivated controls (off by default), you only see "on" controls by default.

6. You can go in the textures tab and load one; there are some too in the materials tab (one of them, not sure by heart) for _some_ models. Note that there aren't many makeup vars out there, and often looks have the makup baked in the texture so it's sadly not as easy at it could be to browse and apply makeup.

7. There are finger morphs for that

There are a lot of things to figure out in vam, usually it's worth it because it gives you the tools to create whatever you can think of, but it can be some work to get there :) Have fun!

Some quick ansers:

1. After adding the atom, you can load an "appearance preset". Most scenes don't bundle a preset, so what you can do is load the look you like, save a preset and you'll then be able to load it in other scenes!

2. This is not as simple as that. Animations are usually in fact multiple plugins, mocap, and other procedural/collision-based animations. So long story short, you cannot reliably just import an animation without really learning how it was made. In some cases you can export them (e.g. Timeline) but even then it's usually very scene-dependent.

3. They do, when the var is there it'll show up (if the var was made correctly)

4. Males and females have separate hairstyle; the other reasons would be having tag filters, active only or search filter.

5. There's a setting to show deactivated controls (off by default), you only see "on" controls by default.

6. You can go in the textures tab and load one; there are some too in the materials tab (one of them, not sure by heart) for _some_ models. Note that there aren't many makeup vars out there, and often looks have the makup baked in the texture so it's sadly not as easy at it could be to browse and apply makeup.

7. There are finger morphs for that

There are a lot of things to figure out in vam, usually it's worth it because it gives you the tools to create whatever you can think of, but it can be some work to get there :) Have fun!
I see.. interesting. Appreciate the help. (y)

Back
Top Bottom