Why can't I load custom looks?

subs4

Reactions
I consider myself somewhat tech savvy but the interface just leaves me cold and I struggle with things that should be easy. I've been hitting my head now repeatedly on the wall trying to apply some of the custom looks I've loaded here on the site on the character in the default scene I have open. It seems wiki is based on earlier version as menus look different.

When I choose edit mode and the person I go to Appearance Presets and then Select Existing, I get a small list of choices that seem to be .vap files. The interface has no way to browse for files to open so it doesn't really matter where I have put those .json files I've downloaded in .vac packages here.

Can I get step by step instructions how to apply .json looks file on a character in a scene? I havent's seen a single proper file browser dialog in this application so far.

Also can I somehow apply looks of a character in some other scene in .var format on a character in a scene that I have opened?

Thanks, now I found it. There's just so many tabs under person.

But let me be clear about this: Should I be able to dig into any .var scene and use the looks presets or persons in them on other scenes just using those load tabs? In those menus I see some characters from scenes but not all.

Thanks, now I found it. There's just so many tabs under person.

But let me be clear about this: Should I be able to dig into any .var scene and use the looks presets or persons in them on other scenes just using those load tabs? In those menus I see some characters from scenes but not all.

No. If the person who did the scene did not make a preset (whatever solution... legacy or appearance), you won't see it appear.

See the looks as some kind of "static information" included inside a scene... if the person does not make a specific preset for it, it is indeed saved in the scene. But you won't be able to load it from the tabs. You'll have to create your own preset if its the case.

But you won't be able to load it from the tabs. You'll have to create your own preset if its the case.

But I can load the scene and make a preset of the person in that scene and use that in other scenes?

I wonder if that was part of this 2$ Patreon package though. May have to step up my support if I get hold of this...

But I can load the scene and make a preset of the person in that scene and use that in other scenes?

I wonder if that was part of this 2$ Patreon package though. May have to step up my support if I get hold of this...

Yeap that's exactly what I meant :)
Load your scene, select the character, save your appearance preset.

Don't wonder. This is how VAM works. With the 2$ version tho, you cannot save... I don't know if it applies to all "save features", but yes. If you want to be a bit more "free"... entertainer is best yes.

Back
Top Bottom