Not A Bug Some scenes slowing to standstill after a few seconds while playing in VR

geo_gan

Reactions
I am having very strange problem with VR in Oculus Rift S - in some scenes I created (that were working fine previously) - animations now start of normal speed but then geometrically slow to a crawl and stop completely in about 6 seconds after starting play (can see it stopped at this in main animation line). The same scenes seem to play fine on desktop version. If I hit the new restart animation button then the characters appear to be "half" moved... heads and hands get pulled apart like they are in two places. Is there a known VR bug with latest version of VAM? I have no idea what is causing it or why it works fine in desktop version.

I have been testing with Rift S for this release. In fact the new demo scenes were mostly made in VR on the Rift S. I have not seen this and I don't know what would cause it.

The scene it happens in is latest C&G "SnD - Moments in Time" if anyone has it and wants to check it in Oculus! https://www.patreon.com/cgstudio/posts

I just validated my install using updater also to make sure it was valid.

I can look at the main animation timeline and see the seconds count change every second then quickly drop to stop moving after 6 seconds.

See what happens to hands and head/neck when I click the new Reset Playback button! Only half of them seems to move back to initial positions and sheers the models apart?!?

Attachments

• OculusScreenshot1611951262.jpeg
    OculusScreenshot1611951262.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 0
  • OculusScreenshot1611951359.jpeg
    OculusScreenshot1611951359.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
OK I tried to do a bit of debugging there and noticed that the "Time Scale" slider was at 0.1 after 6 seconds and when I click the 1.0 speed button to reset it, it plays for another few seconds but the Time Scale drops down from 1.0 to 0.1 in this amount of time and freezes again?!

No idea what is changing the time speed. I presume 0.1 means stop playing.

If it is changing without your input, a plugin would have to be doing that. Timescale can't be set by a trigger, but a plugin could set it.

If it is changing without your input, a plugin would have to be doing that. Timescale can't be set by a trigger, but a plugin could set it.

OK, whatever this problem was, it was fixed by rebooting entire PC. Just restarting VAM itself did not fix it (i did that many times). After reboot, the scene worked as normal. Something must persist somewhere between VAM restarts! Maybe Unity?

Thanks for help anyway

Back
Top Bottom