• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Some looks and Scenses are disapperared

zuma123

Reactions
I have been playing this game for almost 2 years, and the graphics are indeed beautiful, but the operations are extremely complex.
Recently, I obtained some var files for the looks and scenes, and copied them to the addonpackages folder. After opening VAM, I found that many of the previous scenes and looks have been disappeared. Even though I tried to copy them again, the results still did not change, and the newly added looks and scenes cannot be displayed. What is the reason for this? How to solve it? Thank you!

Solution
A VAR is just a zip file essentially. I've experienced and seen others having a problem that when a VAR is corrupted in some way it can break the scanning process of VaM when it loads.
A corrupt VAR can be from a unfinished download for example. If it is corrupted and if you try to open the VAR with 7zip, winrar, whatever you use, it gives an error, but the main problem is finding it in the first place ;)

My sugestion to see if a corrput VAR is the problem is to sort your VARs in AddonPackages by date, move the recent ones to a folder outside of VaM's, then start VaM and see if all is loaded as expected. If all is well, then try to open the VARs with your zip application and see if any give an error.
If you confirm that they are in the AddonPackages folder but do not show as they as they should, for example it's a scene and doesn't show in the Sceen Browser, then perhaps you have a corrupt VAR that is breaking the scanning process.

Upvote 0
If you confirm that they are in the AddonPackages folder but do not show as they as they should, for example it's a scene and doesn't show in the Sceen Browser, then perhaps you have a corrupt VAR that is breaking the scanning process.
Thanks for your reply. Some scenes that were previously in use have suddenly disappeared recently. However, there are other clothes and hairs that may have disappeared due to var file issues. For the issue of newly added files in apponpackages that cannot be displayed, I can open them normally in the VAM game on another hard drive. This has happened before, possibly due to a conflict between a certain file and its contents. I just deleted the newly added var file and it returned to normal. I don't know which file to delete this time because there are quite a few copied files. A very headache inducing problem.
Have you encountered such issues?

Upvote 0
A VAR is just a zip file essentially. I've experienced and seen others having a problem that when a VAR is corrupted in some way it can break the scanning process of VaM when it loads.
A corrupt VAR can be from a unfinished download for example. If it is corrupted and if you try to open the VAR with 7zip, winrar, whatever you use, it gives an error, but the main problem is finding it in the first place ;)

My sugestion to see if a corrput VAR is the problem is to sort your VARs in AddonPackages by date, move the recent ones to a folder outside of VaM's, then start VaM and see if all is loaded as expected. If all is well, then try to open the VARs with your zip application and see if any give an error.

Upvote 1
Solution

It's a good idea. You gave me a new way to solve the problem. I will try and find out the bad var one by one.
Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom