• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question How are new looks usually created?

CandyBean

Reactions
How are new looks usually created? Do people usually import it fro a 3D modeling software like blender, or are looks usually created through the in-game menu? I am browsing through menu and I can find a bunch of settings for different body parts in the morph menu, but I can't find anything that changes the face, such as the distance between eyes and etc.

In general you are in the right place: all you need for creating a look is in the morphs. Unfortunately it's a lot of stuff to go trough. My advice for you: type in the search field what you are looking for like eye, arm, glute, head and so on. Later in the process you will find where exactly everything is. Distance between the eyes is in head/shape I think, but I could be wrong. It's not easy but you'll find everything you need. It's kind of a hard process.

Hair can be done in VaM too, Textures are from outside but you don't need them cause you already got some good textures. But you can do a full morph in Unity I think or in Blender for example. But that's a totally different story and I don't know how it works. Easiest way is to use the morphs ingame.

Upvote 0
Regarding worklows HolySchmidt already answered you :)

Creating a face from just sliding the morphs is not so easy.

For faces creation some creators also use a tool called Facegen Artist Pro which makes things much easier regarding creation of good looking faces since you can use a existing picture to replicate a face look.

Important is that you have a good quality front and side look portrait. Then you can create a face morph including a face texture which you can add.
You need DAZ to be installed to create this since Facegen uses it for the morph file creation.

A nice workflow is also displayed here by Alter3go ( using Facegen plus morphs ) using tools like

OnTopReplica ( free ) and PureRef ( which is free if you add 0 EUR to the cart but sure appreciated to pay )

In the video the created facegen texture is added at second "27" .
Then the morphs process starts using the on top placed face picture with a added opacity.

The entire video is not meant to reach a perfect replica, not even far.. It's just a quick demonstration of what you can achieve with a tool called Facegen. Textures here were created by FACEGEN, a tool for generate 3D face morphs and textures for DAZ studio (compatible with VAM using genesis 2 characters) i didn't even used the generated morph files here (that can be helpfull if used in small percentage) to show what is actually possible with morphs already provided by VAM and some patience, and get an approximate replica without the need of external softwares. Facegen generated morphs are kinda "approximate" to me, however are good enough as a starting point to build a more professional result with extra sculpting in blender/zbrush and similar. You can even use the generated morph "as is" if you are not skilled in 3D modeling and want to generate some kinda lookalike variety of face shapes.

Regarding Facegen here are some links:

There are also morph packs you can additional install which expand the morphs available in the standard vam package.

You sure need to learn such things how this and that morph works good for your needs and expectation :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom