Reactions
Website
www.syrinxo.com
Twitter
Syrinxo1
Patreon
Syrinxo
Syrinxo submitted a new resource:

Sobekka, Mother of the Nile - She's the goddess of ferocity and fertility - what kind of F-ing are you going to pray for?

View attachment 322306
Sobekka is the Mother of the Nile, the lifeblood of Egypt, and a goddess of many things. For centuries, she has worshipped in homes and temples across Egypt by both soldiers and peaceful families, like yours, for either her ferocity or for her essence of fertility. But despite your piety, you never imagined that she would appear before you like this, a mirage over the desert solidified into fang, and scale, and bouncing flesh...

The...

Read more about this resource...

The mouth collision is a bit messed up, is their a chance for a fix in the future?
Hm, what's the issue? What are you trying to do with the mouth? Her morph is a drastic warping of the G2F base model, while the colliders are still designed for a human face - so however you reposition and resize them, they don't really fit well in a crocodilian snout. I tried to arrange them to provide some collision coverage but it's always going to be super janky and incomplete, since we can only change their size/length and position but not their angle. =( Perhaps I could do a slightly better job, but collider tweaking is super tedious for what I expect is a very marginal perceptible improvement.

If you're doing something involving opening her mouth, then all bets are off, that's an even bigger ask. Her actual openable mouth is only about 1/3 of the length of her mouth, the rest of it is just crevice fakery, which is why I noted in the description that her mouth isn't meant to be opened.
I did it this way because stretching the corners of her physical mouth back that far would mean losing a HUGE portion of the geometry resolution for her snout, since it's so long, it's basically impossible to make it work and would look awful anyway.

I should have given more information on the issue, the issue is as you said for a crocodile face Streator is a drastic change that the game collation can't keep up with the issue is that pretty much her front has no collation and things go threw it, if you can't do anything about it I understand but there is also a plugin called collation editor I don't know if it helps maybe editing to fit the face and then share the preset with mod

I should have given more information on the issue, the issue is as you said for a crocodile face Streator is a drastic change that the game collation can't keep up with the issue is that pretty much her front has no collation and things go threw it, if you can't do anything about it I understand but there is also a plugin called collation editor I don't know if it helps maybe editing to fit the face and then share the preset with mod
AH. I didn't realize that I forgot to mention this in the resource description! There IS a ColliderEditor preset already included. You can find it in the VAR at \Saves\PluginData\ColliderEditor\, I believe the scene has it applied already but yeah, you'll want that if you put her appearance in any other scene. Sorry for the confusion!

How do you save the CUA preset? The tail basically causes the save to fail and I get a red error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object at stopper.cuacontroller.getjson"

How do you save the CUA preset? The tail basically causes the save to fail and I get a red error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object at stopper.cuacontroller.getjson"
You can just go into "Presets" in the CUA atom, and save a preset there, then load it. That should bring in all its plugins and their settings.
To save it with its link relationship and all that, though, I'd use CUA Manager, a session plugin. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/cuamanager.547/
there's a guide for it here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/mvps-guide-to-cua-manager.22155/

Surprising that the save fails, I've never seen that before. I usually see that "object reference" error when an atom has been turned off, then other things look for it and it isn't available, so maybe the issue is that the tail was parented to something that has been turned off or there's some other kind of interaction going on?

Also, UPDATE YOUR CUA CONTROLLER VERSION! I need to update both Sobekka and Mystique because Stopper just fixed the CUA Controller plugin to save relationships, so you won't have to re-parent it every time you load a scene.

You can just go into "Presets" in the CUA atom, and save a preset there, then load it. That should bring in all its plugins and their settings.
To save it with its link relationship and all that, though, I'd use CUA Manager, a session plugin. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/cuamanager.547/
there's a guide for it here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/mvps-guide-to-cua-manager.22155/

Surprising that the save fails, I've never seen that before. I usually see that "object reference" error when an atom has been turned off, then other things look for it and it isn't available, so maybe the issue is that the tail was parented to something that has been turned off or there's some other kind of interaction going on?

Also, UPDATE YOUR CUA CONTROLLER VERSION! I need to update both Sobekka and Mystique because Stopper just fixed the CUA Controller plugin to save relationships, so you won't have to re-parent it every time you load a scene.
Saving doesn't work, whether saved through presets or CUA Manager, I get the same error.
Removing the Stopper.CUAControllers plugin from the tail allows me to save it, though I'm guessing that means the tail won't have any movement/physics. Didn't have this issue saving Mystique's tail... Although not tested her in a scene yet lol.
When you say reparent it, what am I reparenting? The tail? The tail controllers? Or the CrocTail#Controllers?
The CUA_Tail is Parented to none, linked to Sobekka/pelvis with position and rotation is set to hold.
CUA_Tail controller is parented to CUA_Tail linked to to none/none with position and rotation is set to on.
CrocTail#Controllers, everything set to none and hold.
Could it not being parented be why I can't save? Treat me like an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I still lerning :LOL:

This is the error I get, as a professional idiot, I don't get it... but sounds like what you said.
!> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Stopper.CUAControllers.GetJSON (Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, Boolean forceStore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Blazedust.CUAM.Helpers.CreateJSONClass (.Atom rootAtom, .Atom atom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Blazedust.CUAM.CustomUnityAssetManager.SavePreset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Blazedust.CUAM.CustomUnityAssetManager.<Init>m__B () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Saving doesn't work, whether saved through presets or CUA Manager, I get the same error.
Removing the Stopper.CUAControllers plugin from the tail allows me to save it, though I'm guessing that means the tail won't have any movement/physics. Didn't have this issue saving Mystique's tail... Although not tested her in a scene yet lol.
When you say reparent it, what am I reparenting? The tail? The tail controllers? Or the CrocTail#Controllers?
The CUA_Tail is Parented to none, linked to Sobekka/pelvis with position and rotation is set to hold.
CUA_Tail controller is parented to CUA_Tail linked to to none/none with position and rotation is set to on.
Could it not being parented be why I can't save? Treat me like an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I still lerning :LOL:

This is the error I get, as a professional idiot, I don't get it... but sounds like what you said.
!> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Stopper.CUAControllers.GetJSON (Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, Boolean forceStore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Blazedust.CUAM.Helpers.CreateJSONClass (.Atom rootAtom, .Atom atom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Blazedust.CUAM.CustomUnityAssetManager.SavePreset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Blazedust.CUAM.CustomUnityAssetManager.<Init>m__B () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

No need to feel like an idiot, or I'm right there in the boat with you (and I AM). =) But it sounds like there might be some weird plugin conflict here that I haven't seen before.

Sorry, when I said "parented," I meant "linked." And "CUA_Tail" should be linked to the Pelvis node. Generally don't touch "CrocTail#Controllers," that's something CUA Manager generates and you don't need to mess with it, EXCEPT... if you reload CUA Controller a bunch, this atom can multiply IIRC, so feel free to Remove them all if you are about to reload/re-add CUA Controller anyway.

I'm just going to reply with this now, and then play with it over the weekend to see if I can reproduce your issue on a stock VAM install. Sorry it's so much trouble. It's a problem with being technically ambitious, with a kinda new plugin, trying to do things that haven't been done a whole lot before.

OK, I loaded up the Sobekka solo scene into a clean install, added CUA Manager as a session plugin, put in a name and clicked "Save Linked Atoms Preset", and it seemed to work just fine.
One thing that might be an issue is that the tail is properly linked - it has "Sobekka" as the link atom and and "Pelvis" as the link node. Because the scene was made with CUAController v.5, and it didn't get the capability to actually keep links on save until v.9, you have to re-parent it every time you load the scene.

If you want to send me the scene file that you're working wiht, I can take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on. But i've just confirmed that the scene does work as intended and I was able to save a plugin preset with no issues.

OK, I loaded up the Sobekka solo scene into a clean install, added CUA Manager as a session plugin, put in a name and clicked "Save Linked Atoms Preset", and it seemed to work just fine.
One thing that might be an issue is that the tail is properly linked - it has "Sobekka" as the link atom and and "Pelvis" as the link node. Because the scene was made with CUAController v.5, and it didn't get the capability to actually keep links on save until v.9, you have to re-parent it every time you load the scene.

If you want to send me the scene file that you're working wiht, I can take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on. But i've just confirmed that the scene does work as intended and I was able to save a plugin preset with no issues.
Odd, I tried my own clean install, after redownloading the file from patreon, loaded it up and it now saves with no issue :unsure:. Maybe the original download didn't download properly? Never had this issue before. Thanks for the help, and sorry for wasting your time, it seems my download capabilities are terrible haha.

Last edited:
Odd, I tried my own clean install, after redownloading the file from patreon, loaded it up and it now saves with no issue :unsure:. Maybe the original download didn't download properly? Never had this issue before. Thanks for the help, and sorry for wasting your time, it seems my download capabilities are terrible haha.
No worries at all, I'm just glad to know that the resource isn't broken, and that it works for you now! 🥳

Back
Top Bottom