Slow animation

JoeDas

Reactions
Hello.

I've got a scene that I've downloaded and I changed the look on all characters. Unfortunately the animations slow significantly down after I've loaded the looks, like slow motion.
Interestingly the bodymovement is normal, but the limbs are slow.

The scene is three people and actions are triggered with the push of a button. After a button is pushed, it takes very long for the movement to execute and circly through till the end.

I've not much knowledge about VM and how scenes are made, so I can't explain much better. I hope anyone can help. Thanks!

A 3 people scene is very taxing on the computer, even on expensive and high performing hardware. When your FPS go below 15 for example, everything starts to be very noticeably slow and the physics results can be a bit crazy. The FPS you get playing a scene are very dependable on what's happening at each moment, and as you mention a trigger calling an action, this probably explodes the calculations needed with a massive drop in FPS.

You say this happens after changing appearances. My suspicion is that your appearance presets have way too large numbers in hair Sim curve density and hair multipliers, or Sim clothing items, and this drops the FPS below a usable threshold the original characters managed to give you.

A 3 people scene is very taxing on the computer, even on expensive and high performing hardware. When your FPS go below 15 for example, everything starts to be very noticeably slow and the physics results can be a bit crazy. The FPS you get playing a scene are very dependable on what's happening at each moment, and as you mention a trigger calling an action, this probably explodes the calculations needed with a massive drop in FPS.

You say this happens after changing appearances. My suspicion is that your appearance presets have way too large numbers in hair Sim curve density and hair multipliers, or Sim clothing items, and this drops the FPS below a usable threshold the original characters managed to give you.
Thanks for your answer I will try to tweak my characters a bit, see if that helps....

If the scenes are using Timeline, you can switch from Game/Unity time (slows with slow framerates to ensure physics run correctly) to Real/Clock time (goes at normal speed even if it means going faster than what physics should allow) in Timeline's More, Options menu. But it's still worth it to do your best to get a better FPS. Also, you can go in the VaM settings to reduce the hertz and therefore reduce strain on your CPU.

Try decreasing the physics calculation in the settings. Soft body physics eat a lot of fps as well.

Back
Top Bottom