Question simple scene variables check/logic

thx1138

Reactions
I'm looking for a way to switch between using one group of sound files and other groups using a simple variable setting for a scene. Currently a group of related sound files(for person model 1) are individually triggered as actions from individual ui buttons, so the idea would be another 'group' ui button for sound group '2'(swapping to a different person/model) that would point those actions to a different list of corresponding sound files. I thought about having two ui button lists that are enabled/disabled with another ui button, but i think I'd get into a lot of manual re-setting up of actions, etc without the ability to quickly copy an existing button and associated actions and seems like messy duplication.

So I'm looking for more scripting type functionality where you could add a scene global variable that gets checked to determine whether an object action gets triggered or not - so your object actions would list all possible actions, while only some might get triggered depending on global variable settings. No problems if this type of functionality doesn't exist or better suited to a plugin, just wanted to ask where there better ideas or suggestions on how to do this.

Thanks

Check out some of the JayJayWon plugins. There is an "Action Grouper" that may help keep the sounds for person 1 and 2 together. Actions and groups can be copied, pasted and duplicated to make setup quicker.

There's also his VUML plugin to add simple logic to control triggers. That may satisfy your global variable requirements. VUML was built with Action Grouper in mind so you can set up a condition in VUML, and when it's met it triggers the action group.

Upvote 0
Thanks, that sounds like the ticket. Saw those plugins used in the Robotime scene and hadn't gotten to studying how they're used yet, but will do so.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom