Question Variables in stories. did I miss something?

M_G

Reactions
Is it possible to execute an "Action (C)" only if "Action (A)" AND "Action (X)" apply?

Example:

In the story I have 5 steps, in each step I can decide A (Positive) or B (Negative). In the 6th step, decision C should be added, but only if A (positive) was chosen at least three times. (A gives +1 to X B -1 to X) Since the story is not linear, but depending on the choice (A) or (B) comes to step 6 in different ways, decision C must be blocked or released.

With LogicBrick I found a way to capture this 2nd value (x).

However, my problem is when I say "Atom Control > On " I can't say C on = A + X but only C on = A or X

I hope I made myself clear, because my English is "not the yellow of the egg"

Thanks in advance ✌

Edit:

sorry the math is wrong.
Step 6 = Y
Variable = X ( Need +3 to change 0 to 1 )
C = Choice
i need C "on" = y and x
not C "on" = y or x
selection A = +1 X
selection B = -1 X
Choices A and B start step 6 in the story at its point.
answer A and B should also be in step 6

Last edited:
I recommend to checkout my Cybernight demo:

In addition of using a StateMachine (in Advanced mode) for the dialog, its using 2 SelectChoice bricks to remember whether the pandemic was mentioned or not, changing the dialog slightly. Not an ideal solution, but works good enough for simple cases like this where the choice only affects 2 triggers. In case of the demo its just switching dialog lines. In your case, the "Actions OnEnter" of your "Step 6" state (*) of the StateMachine you would trigger SelectChoice. That again would then either enable or disable the C button.

To count the number of positives and negatives, you can of course use a Counter brick, which would the switch the SelectChoice from above when reaching the limit.

(*) sticking with the naming used in CyberNight, it would be your "Step6MultipleChoice" state, which is whether buttons are enabled/disabled and the button label is assigned.

Upvote 0
Thanks ✌

here the way i go ;) :

Unbenannt.jpg

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom