Question How to check which scene depends on a certain var?

DjObs

Reactions
So I basically installed Vam and only onstalled a couple of looks (more like 20) and my vam install is 80 GB already. WTF. I got some scenes I didn't want, for example some futa stuff. How can I check which package needs that futa scene?
2. Also, when a scene needs another scene as a dependency, and this second scene has its dependencies: Can I somehow disable hub dependency scanning for this secondary scene I don't care about?

Help would be apreciated.

Package Manager in VaM can show you a list of the VAR's dependencies, or you can see them in the Hub on that resource's page.

Unfortunately not everyone packages well, and you can find resources with hundreds of pointless depedencies. I would stay clear of scenes or looks that havr over 60 dependencies, roughly speaking. Some scenes legitimately do need more than 60, but usually higher numbers are a telltale of poor packaging.

Managing VaM is complicated, as you are starting to realise; experience will help down the line. I suggest you install the BrowserAssist plugin to help manage the scenes you download.

Upvote 0
Package Manager in VaM can show you a list of the VAR's dependencies, or you can see them in the Hub on that resource's page.

Unfortunately not everyone packages well, and you can find resources with hundreds of pointless depedencies. I would stay clear of scenes or looks that havr over 60 dependencies, roughly speaking. Some scenes legitimately do need more than 60, but usually higher numbers are a telltale of poor packaging.

Managing VaM is complicated, as you are starting to realise; experience will help down the line. I suggest you install the BrowserAssist plugin to help manage the scenes you download.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see an option in package manager to look which package depends on select package. An example maybe. I basically want to find the "mother" by looking at the "son". If package A has package B listed as dependency I want to click on package B and be able to find the package A. Instead of clicking through all my vars and checking which one references package B. Is it possible?

Upvote 0
I see, you want the other way around. I'm not sure if that's possible within VaM. Maybe there's a plugin around that could, but I don't know of one that does that specifically.

You could do it outside of VaM by searching for the futa scene that would be part of the VAR's meta.json file. A text search inside a VAR is possible with a tool like dnGrep.
A VAR is just a compressed folder, like a ZIP, you can try opening one to see what's it like inside. In it the meta.json file has the dependencies information and overall package information.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom