Question shadows too dark for see through clothing

Anand

Reactions
When clothing items are made see-through by adjusting the alpha value, a very dark shadow is cast onto the body. The opacity of this shadow grows rapidly with depth. The result is that alpha-adjusted white clothing quickly turns grey, and then splotchy black (parts touching the skin being completely transparent with black shadows covering the body in other areas). Is there a way too manage the behaviour of clothing shadows? I like that VAM has the physics/optics of shadows for translucent clothing, but this implementation is a bit rough.

Solution
The shadow casting through alpha is a complex subject. I won't enter the technical aspect here, but this is not possible in VAM 1 and never will be since VAM1 devs are stopped. Sorry.
The shadow casting through alpha is a complex subject. I won't enter the technical aspect here, but this is not possible in VAM 1 and never will be since VAM1 devs are stopped. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you. Your answer settles this nagging question for me. I'll just have to wait for VAM2

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom