Question Severe stuttering when being too close to character

Phalange

Reactions
It's the thing I observe during embody when the girl comes near my face, or during free navigation when I push the camera to the girl's face, the game stutters badly, fps fluctuates between 5 and 30. However, I don't see any spikes of the costs in the performance tab.

Turning off head collider won't help.

Dose anyone know what is going on?

Some possibilities:
  1. Textures switching to higher mipmap resolution, which may cause memory bandwidth on your graphics card to be a bottleneck.
  2. Significantly more pixels on the screen are covered with hair. You may reach a computational bottleneck on the graphics card.
  3. In general there are more pixels on the screen covered with something non-trivial to render. E.g. skin shaders. Otherwise same as 2.

Upvote 0
Some possibilities:
  1. Textures switching to higher mipmap resolution, which may cause memory bandwidth on your graphics card to be a bottleneck.
  2. Significantly more pixels on the screen are covered with hair. You may reach a computational bottleneck on the graphics card.
  3. In general there are more pixels on the screen covered with something non-trivial to render. E.g. skin shaders. Otherwise same as 2.
Yes this answer is correct. Basically 2 and 3, and most likely just 2. Turn the hair off and try the same experiment. The hair renderer is very expensive, so if hair is covering most of the view there will be a large performance hit. You can reduce this hit in a number of ways. The first recommendation is to select the hair, go to the Look tab, and select Shader Type of "Fast" as shown here:

1674993531073.png

The next option is to reduce Hair Multiplier on the Physics tab. This will also make a big difference for the purpose of rendering:
1674993604096.png

Lastly you can reduce the number of lights in the scene.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom