Question how to clearly close scene?

DamnDima

Reactions
how to clearly close scene and back up in main-menu? Just tap on the STAR-button or does it have other way?

What do you exactly mean?
- You can save a scene by clicking the "save" button and close the scene by loading another scene.
- If you want to go back to the standard scene, search and load the scene called "default".
- VaM has no sort of "back to main desktop", it just starts right in a editable scene.
- The "new" starting screen, with the colorfull pictures and stuff, is something that came with one of the very last updates. It is not neccessary. You can even disable it as an option in the settings, and many of us "old guys" did that.
- It is only something to help you and to load stuff more or less comfortable from the VaM hub.
- You don't neccessarily have to go back there every time.
- You can close VaM (after saving) by clicking the X button, or by selecting the option in the scene menu (most left button). There is an option for an "hard reset", too.
- You can even brutally close VaM by closing the VaM window or kill the VR session, no problem.

Upvote 0
If for some reason you need to open "top menu" again
There is "star" icon on toolbar to open top menu (same one that opens on client launch (if "skip menu & load default scene" option is disabled).
-however as TToby siad that doesn't load new scene and your current scene is still loaded (behind it)
-usually when i wanna switch stuff i just open new empty scene (true, it doesn't unload stuff)
-i have default scene replaced with empty scene (also checked "on startup skip top menu and load default scene")=placebo effect for faster startup
-there are unload options (for skins & unused items on person), also "clear cache" (not only for textures)
-even with those there is "memory leak" and after 5-6 scene loads (with lots of stuff) things are still left inside ram (from previous scenes)

if you have less than 16gb ram client could crash more often (not that 32gb makes much difference, but for anything bellow 16gb try unloading stuff to reduce crashes or client restart (if you are loading multiple scenes)
also if you are working on something it's best to restart client and load only that scene (nothing before it)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Upvote 0
I know it's late, but thank you very much. Here is the most friendly community that I have met on the forums. I have been using VAM for a long time, but only as VR and uploading scenes. Only today, having discovered a bunch of opportunities for myself, I realized how deep the possibilities are and I try to figure everything out in order.

Upvote 0
I know it's late, but thank you very much. Here is the most friendly community that I have met on the forums. I have been using VAM for a long time, but only as VR and uploading scenes. Only today, having discovered a bunch of opportunities for myself, I realized how deep the possibilities are and I try to figure everything out in order.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom