Question Vam crash when moving character on the ground

ivam

Reactions
Hey there,

I am trying to import a specific house-model into vam. Everything looks good so far, but I have a problem where vam crashes, when I move a character while her feet are touching the ground. This issue only occurs when the "freeze physics while grabbing" - option is checked. If it's unchecked, everything works fine, so obviously it should have something to do with the collision-calculation. But it's just a flat plane (no doubled up colliders that may cause problems)... I mean the house is relatively big but how can this be an issue? Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this?

Try turning off collision on the house model first. Also check to see if there is another plane her feet could be touching. The Player Navigation Panel has collision on by default.

Upvote 0
It's gone when i turn off the the collision of this model but this doesn't solve my problem, because I want the collision ^^' and yeah the player navigation panel has it's collision on, but it doesn't affect the person at all. Is there some "hidden mechanic" with this?

Upvote 0
By 'crash' do you mean a physics explosion, or a program crash to the desktop? What I was suggesting is that if there are 2 floor planes with collision on, the program might be getting confused about which one to do physics with. Is this a case where you are moving someone around in the scene to pose them, or is it part of an animation? Some plugins can interact badly with other things and cause physics explosions. Try disabling plugins one by one to see if one of them is the troublemaker.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom