Seperate head and body morph to easy preset load.

KameronFox

Reactions
You want to change your favorite head body? Bam! separate body morph just hit and load only change body. Head stays same.

You wan to change your head? Bam 1 click and change head only.

Please make it happen. I think it's necessary...

Plus along similar lines it would be great if pose presets could be set to head only or body only when loading, so full poses and facial expressions could be treated differently.

In the meantime, there are plugins to do what you are suggesting. You maybe want to try MorphDelux's "BodySwap" and "MorphMixer". You may find them on the VaM Directory Site

In the meantime, there are plugins to do what you are suggesting. You maybe want to try MorphDelux's "BodySwap" and "MorphMixer". You may find them on the VaM Directory Site

Ah yes good old morphdelux... that doesn't even work you have to choose each bone by yourself. So buggy.

Ah yes good old morphdelux... that doesn't even work you have to choose each bone by yourself. So buggy.

BodySwap works OK for me. It is one of the plugins I use the most. Especially for exchanging body or head between saved looks, or to zero one of them.

BodySwap works OK for me. It is one of the plugins I use the most. Especially for exchanging body or head between saved looks, or to zero one of them.
BodySwap would be a good solution except it cannot separate the head portion of a FULL body morph. If you are working with separate head/ body morphs (respectively), it works like a charm (sorta). Full Body morphs... Mileage will vary. There may have been some weird glitches with separate morphs as well, but I'm not certain since I haven't used the plugin' in a while. This has got me interested in testing it out again to see the kind of bugs it produces. I'll report back!

These are only workarounds for an very old issue/feature VaM inherited from DAZ3d. In DAZ you have head morphs (face, brow, mouth, nose...), body morphs (legs, arms, chest...) and full body morphs (mainly full "looks") strictly separated in categories. Deep in the back of my mind I think I know there is a 3d party tool to split those full morphs, but I never have used it.
Workaround: dial-in the full body morph, use the morph merger plugin and choose the option to split in head/body.
Though, this is not very elegant, I know.

These are only workarounds for an very old issue/feature VaM inherited from DAZ3d. In DAZ you have head morphs (face, brow, mouth, nose...), body morphs (legs, arms, chest...) and full body morphs (mainly full "looks") strictly separated in categories. Deep in the back of my mind I think I know there is a 3d party tool to split those full morphs, but I never have used it.
Workaround: dial-in the full body morph, use the morph merger plugin and choose the option to split in head/body.
Though, this is not very elegant, I know.
Good workaround with morph merger! However, I think I stumbled upon another bug. Body swap and likely morph merger do not work with VAR file system. I noticed some morphs not being carried-over that were from VAR. Someone would need to update these plugins to support VAR and other updates to morph system since the plugins were written (2018).

I'm fairly new to VAM and was just trying to find the same thing. I'll have to see if any of these listed options work for me in 2022.

You are welcome.
The biggest issue with those "old" tools is, that in the meantime most/many creators are using Morph Merger
to merge down the hundreds of custom morphs in a custom look to one single morph (which makes IMHO sense)
Tools like Morph Mass Manager and Body Swap obviously can't split those merged full body morphs.
The only plugin that works for me on those merged morphs is Morph Merger, to split at least head and body.

So is there any other plugins at this point that work the same as Morph Merger? It appears that Morph Merger no longer works after vam 1.20.77.9 for some security issues. It would be annoying to have to create the whole face on another body from scratch...

So is there any other plugins at this point that work the same as Morph Merger? It appears that Morph Merger no longer works after vam 1.20.77.9 for some security issues. It would be annoying to have to create the whole face on another body from scratch...
Didn't MeshedVR update Morph Merger to work with 1.20.77.x security restricitons?

Only plugin similar to it is Morph Merge and Split (based on Morph Merger code, with some QOL improvements).
Usually recommended over the original Morph Merger.

Back
Top Bottom