Saves\scene folder emptied itself?

bingob339

Reactions
So last night everything is fine with all of my own saves of customs scenes. I mean that as in il save a scene that ive added or changed person atoms with the red save icon.

Now the next day i boot up vam and everything that was in my scene folder is gone. I haven't cleared my cache since my last login and i have no idea what could've caused this.

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.

The cache doesn't matter, it's not content you can use.
If you don't have files anymore in Saves/scene and you didn't delete them, willingly or by accident, my first guess would be that a anti-virus has quarantined them.
By the way, what's your VaM folder location in the disk?

its on my desktop, and also i checked my windows defender and there hasn't been any quarantined files or actions. Im just completely confused on how the files disappeared. Although it sucks that all my saves are gone, im just worried that its going to happen again.

VaM doesn't delete files unless the user does it, or you have some sort of plugin or external tool to do that. Outside of VaM a reason could be the AV going nuts and doing that, you deleting them by mistake, something else in your system doing it.
Keep in mind that the folder Desktop is a special permissions folder that shouldn't be used, it's better to use a folder like C:\VaM or the like.

As deleting files is not something that VaM does on its own, you should investigate what may be the reason for this to happen that is specific to your system. It's also important to do backups, shit happens.

Is the MeshedVR folder still there in Saves/Scene folder? It should contain the Default.json and .jpg.
You probably checked, but If you start from the default scene, your custom saves can end up in there.

One time I got tired and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and dragged an important saved folder by accident someplace and dropped it
who knows where.
I had the sense to go to file explorer EDIT and undo the move before it forgot where it moved it to.

Is the MeshedVR folder still there in Saves/Scene folder? It should contain the Default.json and .jpg.
You probably checked, but If you start from the default scene, your custom saves can end up in there.
yea even my default scene is gone and i cant find the meshedvr folder either

yea even my default scene is gone and i cant find the meshedvr folder either
So you still have everything else on that vam install? Everything in your AddonPackages folder is still there? If you accidentally deleted everything in the Scene folder it would have still been in your recycle bin. If the recycle bin is empty the only thing I can think of that would cause this is if you inadvertently dragged everything from the folder somewhere else. Try doing a full system search in file explorer for the missing MeshedVR Folder. If it has been moved somewhere else all of your saves could be with it too.

If I remember correctly this happened to me, and others as well, with an older VaM version. You up to date with that?

Thanks, just wanted to know out of curiosity as I never heard of anything in VaM (non-plugin-wise) that could potentially remove files.

It happened to me once and, if I remember correctly, to someone else. Always make backups from time to time!

Don't listen. Bakups are cowardice. Risk everything and let the rage of loss fuel your creation!

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

Back
Top Bottom