Corrupted Saves? Frustrated…

Virtual Voyeur

Reactions
Hey guys! I’m new to VaM, and I’ve been working really hard on my first scene for about a month now. I’m starting to get pretty frustrated. It seems that my saves are somehow being corrupted or not saving properly. I worked for hours last night, getting a sub scene just how I wanted it, I know I saved the subscene and the entire scene itself, but when I logged back in today, all of my progress was just missing or broke …plug-ins missing from atoms, plugins not working, characters with different hairstyles etc. this isn’t the first time this has happened since I’ve started using the program. Also, after I load up my scene and back out to the main menu, it won’t let me load up any other scenes… what could be causing this? Thanks! -two steps forward and four steps back

By any chance your VaM is located inside privilege protected (admin-rights) folder? (example C:\Program Files)
If yes, did you try moving VaM inside C:root (example C:\VaM) or different partition/drive.

By any chance your VaM is located inside privilege protected (admin-rights) folder? (example C:\Program Files)
If yes, did you try moving VaM inside C:root (example C:\VaM) or different partition/drive.
I just installed VaM and it’s folders straight to my desktop. Should I move it? I just ran the “check core integrity” and “sync repair all” function from the updater as well.

I just installed VaM and it’s folders straight to my desktop. Should I move it?
I also have it on desktop, no need to run as admin or anything.
However i changed privilege/permissions for my user.

Can't remember, It's been a while now, i believe that C:\Users\documents count as semi-protected
But i am not 100% sure about default privilege for C:\Users\<user>\Desktop

Hmm...If you right click VaM folder (under security tab) does your user have "full control" or "modify" privilege ?
If it does then privilege shouldn't be an issue...

I also have it on desktop, no need to run as admin or anything.
However i changed privilege/permissions for my user.

Can't remember, It's been a while now, i believe that C:\Users\documents count as semi-protected
But i am not 100% sure about default privilege for C:\Users\<user>\Desktop

Hmm...If you right click VaM folder (under security tab) does your user have "full control" or "modify" privilege ?
If it does then privilege shouldn't be an issue...
Says it has full control.

If it worked normally before and all of sudden it doesn't (and you didn't change anything), i rly don't know what to suggest.
You already did integrity checks and full sync...
You can try hard reset or clear cache (sometimes cache can corrupt and prevent texture loading...but not entire scene, i never had that issue)

Are you running any session plugins?

If it worked normally before and all of sudden it doesn't (and you didn't change anything), i rly don't know what to suggest.
You already did integrity checks and full sync...
You can try hard reset or clear cache (sometimes cache can corrupt and prevent texture loading...but not entire scene, i never had that issue)

Are you running any session plugins?
From what I can tell, and the error reports…it seems to be an issue with just this particular scene. I was trying to make a scene with minimal loading, using subscenes that turn on instead of loading new scenes, but it appears to be causing issues when using instances of the same person atom subscenes. I guess I’ll have to start over and use scene loading instead… 😩

From what I can tell, and the error reports…it seems to be an issue with just this particular scene. I was trying to make a scene with minimal loading, using subscenes that turn on instead of loading new scenes, but it appears to be causing issues when using instances of the same person atom subscenes. I guess I’ll have to start over and use scene loading instead… 😩
So VaM works normally (save scene, load other scenes)? It was just that particular scene with subScenes that was the issue?
Weird...i dunno what are you trying to achieve, there is scene merge load option, if that helps (maybe not ideal solution, since there is loading time).

So VaM works normally (save scene, load other scenes)? It was just that particular scene with subScenes that was the issue?
Weird...i dunno what are you trying to achieve, there is scene merge load option, if that helps (maybe not ideal solution, since there is loading time).
VaM would work normally until I would load that particular scene, then The whole program would stop functioning properly…I was getting tons of errors about various plugins but n subscenes that hadn’t been turned on yet. I’m trying to create a Cuban tic story with the various subscenes all contained within one scene, instead of loading, “turning on and off” the scenes as I need them. But it just seems to be too much…Thanks for the help!

Well subScene is basically a Scene within a Scene (in a way).
So if you unload (or load different subScene) you efectively remove XX atom from scene (just like in regular scene).
If you have triggers or something depending on XX atom that is no longer there, that trigger is also removed.

SubScene has pros & cons.
In my opinion they are good for small stuff (without any animations/plugins), more or less "static" stuff where things can't go wrong (only depends on loading).
When you start complicating things with triggers/plugins and what not,
you have to keep track of UID naming and what is/isn't inside scene at any given time and how rest of it is gonna react when you unload/load new subScene.

Maybe you are overcomplicating it (or pushing subScene to limit of possible), did you try messing with timeline (and use subScene for more basic stuff)?
By sound of it, you might be able to achieve it using timeline...toggle animation/position you need (all within one scene)...instead loading subscene, idk... 🤷‍♂️

Well subScene is basically a Scene within a Scene (in a way).
So if you unload (or load different subScene) you efectively remove XX atom from scene (just like in regular scene).
If you have triggers or something depending on XX atom that is no longer there, that trigger is also removed.

SubScene has pros & cons.
In my opinion they are good for small stuff (without any animations/plugins), more or less "static" stuff where things can't go wrong (only depends on loading).
When you start complicating things with triggers/plugins and what not,
you have to keep track of UID naming and what is/isn't inside scene at any given time and how rest of it is gonna react when you unload/load new subScene.

Maybe you are overcomplicating it (or pushing subScene to limit of possible), did you try messing with timeline (and use subScene for more basic stuff)?
By sound of it, you might be able to achieve it using timeline...toggle animation/position you need (all within one scene)...instead loading subscene, idk... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I think my issue was trying to do too much with subscenes. I thought I could have several subscenes containing the same actors, but it was causing chaos.

So, I started just loading up separate scenes instead of trying to use complex subscenes…and it seems to have solved almost all of the issues I was having!
👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom