• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Corrupted Person Atom Needs To Be Replaced Without Recoding All Buttons

ajtrader23

Reactions
I have a scene with a tremendous amount of buttons, animations, etc. all pointing to a "Person" atom.

Here's why I have to replace the atom: it's inexplicably corrupted. I can't figure it out - the tongue is just slightly too big. When I create a new atom next to the old, it's very obvious that something is wrong - it's slightly too short, and the mouth hangs open just slightly too much. The tongue is too big. I've tried everything under the sun - completely removing all addonpackages; removing all morphs. I'm at wit's end.

And so I figure if I just replace it, it should work - but there is NO EASY WAY to replace an atom without breaking literally the dozens of buttons I've created.

Is there a way to replace an atom so that all the buttons and animations point correctly to the new one?

Help...

I'm not seeing why changing a appearance would affect any of the buttons, or anything else not part of the person atom, in any way.
Change it by using the Appearance presets tab in the person atom.

I'm not seeing why changing a appearance would affect any of the buttons, or anything else not part of the person atom, in any way.
Change it by using the Appearance presets tab in the person atom.

Sorry I wasn't clear - I want to swap out an atom for another atom. My current one is corrupted.

Is there a way to edit a scene in code anywhere?

Is there a way to edit a scene in code anywhere?
You bet. A scene is a json file, but be careful if you do that.

But again, if you replace the person atom with another appearance it will also change the morphs, which is the source of your problem.

Back
Top Bottom