Question Resources for getting better at animation

moosehead23

Reactions
Hi all. Not necessarily new to VaM, but returning to it after being inspired by some amazing creations and scenes I've seen. With my next stint with VaM, I'm making it a goal to create some scenes and animations of my own.

I know a HUGE part of it is basically trial and error, mastering the timeline plugin, as well as understanding exactly what's going on in all of the scenes I like by analyzing them and ripping them apart, but I was wondering if there are any other great resources I can use towards my goal of making some sexy scenes of my own. Free or paid. It doesn't matter.

The main resource you need is yourself. Think of a small animation you'd like to do, then hatch a plan to achieve it. This will help you learn most of the general scene creation experience you'll need.
Start doing something. If it works out or not, you'll learn either way.

Upvote 0
The main resource you need is yourself. Think of a small animation you'd like to do, then hatch a plan to achieve it. This will help you learn most of the general scene creation experience you'll need.
Start doing something. If it works out or not, you'll learn either way.
Thank you for your reply. In a way, I kind of knew that’s what the answer would be, but I just wanted to hear it from someone like yourself.

Upvote 0
A trick I have been using recently is to add another person with their collisions off, loading a pose/ posing them in the position where I want the animation to go and animating the main character in steps towards that point. I find it's a handy way to visualise where the motion is going without having to scrub the animation and fill in the blanks too much just going from one pose to the next.
Also, I mainly animate people in VR because it's much more fluid, but If like me you are blocking out your scene animations on desktop first, then Stopper's PluginUIUndocker can keep the timeline window on screen when you are in other menus. It saves alot of time not having to skip through different atoms multiple times.

Upvote 0
A trick I have been using recently is to add another person with their collisions off, loading a pose/ posing them in the position where I want the animation to go and animating the main character in steps towards that point. I find it's a handy way to visualise where the motion is going without having to scrub the animation and fill in the blanks too much just going from one pose to the next.
Also, I mainly animate people in VR because it's much more fluid, but If like me you are blocking out your scene animations on desktop first, then Stopper's PluginUIUndocker can keep the timeline window on screen when you are in other menus. It saves alot of time not having to skip through different atoms multiple times.
That plug-in is a godsend! I didn’t know it existed at all. Thanks for that.

I’ll have to try that collisions-off trick sometime. It sounds interesting.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom