Question better scene categorization?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15270

is there any way to add tags or something like you can with clothing items but to scenes or even appearances?

also something to tell what packages have been used recently would be nice to help with file cleanup

You can kind of do that by renaming the scene's json inside the VAR. The name can then be filtered.
I use something like this: [creator] scene name.
If you do change the scene json don't forget to do the same for the pic, it has to match to be shown in the scene browser.

The second point, "used recently" is what exactly?

Upvote 0
so i take it there is no in game way? well thats going to take way longer :(
i have 10000s of files and by the time i finish sorting any files unused would prob be redundant or broken... so a simple "used recently" would help with racking them down

Upvote 0
also something to tell what packages have been used recently would be nice to help with file cleanup
Sorting "newest to oldest" sorts by "date of created" for files inside package (not package itself).

If you wanna know what was downloaded most recently:
You could look inside AddonPackages folder and sort by date created (i use that method when cleaning my test client).

When you download package from hub (or site) it creates package with current date/time.
It doesn't matter when package was created (unless creator zipped package, than date on package is preserved).
Also files inside package preserve original dates (that's how vam sort stuff...clothes/hairstyles/etc inside browser).

I know looking inside folder is not the best solution
for example if today you downloaded package v5 and than tomorrow v3 (obviously v3 is not the most recent one).
But at least package versioning works (when using 'latest only').
i have 10000s of files and by the time i finish sorting any files unused would prob be redundant or broken... so a simple "used recently" would help with racking them down
But if you have 10000s of files (packages and/or local content) i have no solutions...
I can only say this "if you wanna hoard stuff, than be ready to deal with consequences". 😅

Upvote 0
yeah, your case would not be suitable for this at all because of volume.
You also mention appearances, I didn't see that before. Same deal, you can rename them and add tags like this, but you can also make subfolders and that helps in grouping them by a tag.

Upvote 0
man hope 2.0 makes things more user friendly... i am surprised the creators have not hassled them to get this sorted seeing how big the community is
on a side note i hope quest AR support is also added lol... other than 1 post no one seems to be talking about that and it would have cool uses outside of the "sexy ones" that i would like to mess with

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom