Request for a hair "spreader" plugin

SlimerJSpud

Invaluable member
Reactions
In Vam, when a model is laying down on a flat surface, long hair will often fall right through a surface like a bed or table. I have found a way to fix this, but it requires entering the same info about the hair twice. What I do is set the Collision Radius to maximum when a button is pressed. This also triggers the Delay logic brick which sets the Collision Radius back to default 1 second later. I can create a button called Hair Fix, which has a trigger action to max out the CR, and also has the Delay plugin to restore it. The problem is, anytime I change the hair asset, I have to enter the hair info twice. It would be nice if there was a plugin for that, so I could only enter hair info once.

This could get complicated if a hair asset has multiple parts, like left, right and back. In a perfect world, such a plugin would find all of the hair assets on a selected model and do them all, but doing a selected one is enough to start. This technique also appears to fix the issue with hair ends dancing like mad on the figure's chest.

Have you tried adding a better surface for hair, like this one?

Have you tried adding a better surface for hair, like this one?
I tried that in a couple of scenes. It does work better than the slate, thanks. The one thing it doesn't do is fix the twitching hair ends. It's much easier to use than my idea, though.

In the mean time until such a plugin comes about I hope it helps.
Isn't the twitching hair ends because of having too low sim itterations? Some hairs start dancing when it's too low.

In the mean time until such a plugin comes about I hope it helps.
Isn't the twitching hair ends because of having too low sim itterations? Some hairs start dancing when it's too low.
I thought I tried sim iterations, to no avail. Lying down, they usually settle out. It's when a model is just standing there with dancing hair it's real annoying.

Jack Nicholson Hair GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom