• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Plugin Request Very Simple Slideshow for Image Panels

TToby

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
This should be an easy one for someone who knows what to do (not me),
but I am waiting for this for literally years.
Every time I have asked in the past, I've got answers like:
"This is easy, you just have to do this and that..." or "it is allready doable by using those swiss-knive plugin and do step 1-9".

Plugin:
Should be very simple to use.
No fancy stuff or transitions, maybe only optional fade-to-black at max.
Should be simply added to an image panel. No need for auto-atom-creation and stuff.
Should simply play all images in a given folder on and on.
Wether it uses a fixed folder in VaM/saves or a selectable one is even optional (but then it should ideally remember the last one used).
No auto detection and image selecting stuff... just put images in that folder and press play.
The time those images will be displayed before the next one, should have a fixed standard length at start, a slider to change this would be nice to have.
Even a random-play function is highly optional. Showing all images in a row is fine.
Should be easy as: create an image panel somewhere, load that plugin on it, and then it just works and plays.
No dozens of options to choose from each time! The more simple, the more will use it.
Last but not least: it should be free.

"Reward": this one has IMHO the potential to be a "must have standard plugin".

I have wanted something like this for ages. My specific purpose is to help with creating animations in AcidBubbles Timline in VR from a folder of images extracted from a video. Ability to go backward and forwards in the folder list would be perfect with buttons.
TToby's post is more relevant by far (a well repected community member that I have learn a lot from reading his posts), I'm added my request to highlight there is a thirst for such things.

I wonder what the shortest clip of video the existing VAM player can play? My video editing software allows me to cut to and save 0.01secs of video, surely this would be effectively be the same as a .jpeg in appearance-- ie play for an imperceptible flash and then freeze into a static image? Hence, could a series of these micro-short MP4s be played in a VAM video player to simulate slides? If so, can they be played in a simple controllable sequence? UI Button: " play video-1" >>...etc. UI Button "play random sequence?">> Easy to Voice Command too, if it works.

Actually its quite simple using the excellent "actrandomizer" plugin. You can add the plugin to an image panel and bulk load images. You can set the time for slide change by increasing the "minimum act gap duration". They will only be able to change randomly, but setting up a button to change to the next picture would be easy.

Bumping this thread in the hope that someone can make this plugin.
I tried today but having no C# knowledge took me ages to reach anywhere, and the road seemed still very long. Unfortunately the Scripter plugin does not allow the use of folders outside of PluginData.

The simplest could be:
  1. editable text field to write the folder name inside "Custom/Images"
  2. lists all images in the folder
  3. exposes the plugin as a trigger receiver
  4. when triggered would update the path in the Storable "url" with a random item in the list
Thanks to anyone willing to do it 🙇‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom