Question Reduce crashing?

botpot66

Reactions
Hi everybody, I am new to VAM, so I have a question for you: my VAM usually crashes when I try to load 3-4th different scene after launching the game. Is this normal or is it possible to reduce crashing somehow?
I have got 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6Gb and SSD, and can't complain about the performance, but crashing is really annoying.

If you are getting crashes after running for a bit, you are likely running out of memory. You may not have virtual memory on which would lead to a crash if VaM gets too big. The link above has another link to show how to modify virtual memory settings.

Upvote 0

If you are getting crashes after running for a bit, you are likely running out of memory. You may not have virtual memory on which would lead to a crash if VaM gets too big. The link above has another link to show how to modify virtual memory settings.
I have 16GB of virtual memory enabled and I don't have Citrix, so I don't think your guide will help =(
When VAM freezes/crashes the Task manages shows it uses ~11GB RAM at the moment, so I am not sure it the memory problem, but who knows...

Upvote 0
VaM can be also pretty demanding on hardware. Check your CPU/GPU temps, and if overclocking or undervolting, you might try stock settings to see if that fixes the instability. Also make sure your drivers are all up-to-date.

Upvote 0
It is vram on gpu that crashes my VaM in similar conditions to which you described, not ram or virtual memory.
My 1080ti has 11GB of vram, and VaM crashes after reaching around 10500MB of memory allocation in my case.
To reduce crashing, you can try pressing Unload inactive objects on person, or press Hard Reset in File tab.

Something weird that i observed is after hard resetting vram aloccation goes back to normal, as in newly opened vam instance. System ram usage however does not, i sometimes still have like 15GB of ram used after hard resetting.

Upvote 0
What does "Hard Reset" do exactly?
When I start VAR it uses ~ 6Gb of my RAM at the beginning, after a couple of scenes it uses >10 Gb and even after doing a hard reset it stays the same/getting bigger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What does "Hard Reset" do exactly?
When I start VAR it uses ~ 6Gb of my RAM at the beginning, after a couple of scenes it uses >10 Gb and even after doing a hard reset it stays the same/getting bigger.

Hard reset is supposed to be the equivalent of closing VaM and restarting it. It's just faster and more convenient.

Upvote 0

Recently upgraded to 24GB RAM and this happens to me too. Resource Monitor says it hits 20GB physical ram use sometimes when opening big scenes. MSI RTX 2070 super, i7 9700k cpu, with 1TB SSD going to 32 GB RAM next week

Upvote 0
Recently upgraded to 24GB RAM and this happens to me too. Resource Monitor says it hits 20GB physical ram use sometimes when opening big scenes. MSI RTX 2070 super, i7 9700k cpu, with 1TB SSD going to 32 GB RAM next week
last night noticing this mostly when using large VAC files, example is WeebUVR I cannot open 1 of his scenes and then switch to another scene it crashes every time. But i can open lots of VAR files one after the other.

Upvote 0
crashes are normal in this game. I would try to do a clean programming before wanting money for that

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom