Question Backing up files incase of HDD crash

spidaman75

Reactions
Hi all

Is there any files or folders that I should backup incase I get a HDD Crash? If so which ones are they?

Thanks

Is there any files or folders that I should backup incase I get a HDD Crash? If so which ones are they?
Probably your scenes & custom content (addons & local stuff)

basically:
AddonPackages (your .var packaged stuff: clothing, hairstyles, morphs, plugins, textures, images, audio files, scenes, looks, presets, assets...)
Custom (same as above but your local stuff, not packaged)
Saves (your scenes, legacy looks, legacy presets, legacy poses, some plugin stuff...)
Keys (your VaM key)

If you are building packages, it doesn't hurt to also backup AddonPackagesBuilder
also if you are using reshade get your .ini profile (reshade-shaders folder as well)

Everything else is less important & easy to recreate, some settings and what not

Upvote 0
Hi
Can I simply copy the same vam folder to another disk? Or do i need the run the program again and enter the key in case I replace my computer?

Upvote 0
Hi
Can I simply copy the same vam folder to another disk? Or do i need the run the program again and enter the key in case I replace my computer?
VaM is portable (everything important is contained within it)
so... yes, you can copy entire VaM folder and move it to a different system if you like (with no issues).

I moved my entire original 2019 client onto portable drive and than to another system. ;)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom