• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Cleaning up Files

Strange

Reactions
When I first got this, I just downloaded everything I could, and now it's taking up way too much space on my drive. I'd like to remove everything I don't use (everything I don't 'favorite'), but there's too many interconnections to know what I should and should not delete.

Anyone know a good way to set all 'favorite' things aside, so I can delete the rest?

Sad but true.

@Strange Welcome! This is one of the most annoying issues with VaM.
There is AFAIK unfortunately still no easy to use and reliable tool I could suggest with a clear conscience.
You may read about this in some previous threads.
Sorry for not having better news.

Upvote 0
A pretty safe way to do things manually is to download another copy of VAM to a different folder so you have a completely 'clean' install. This means you have your original install, and a completely 'naked'/'clean' install. Then you can start copying over the stuff you want to keep into your clean install folder. When VAM complains about missing stuff, then you know whats missing.

The draw back to all this is it requires hard drive space. Really the easiest solution (but costs money) is to install another hard drive if you can. I say this because even though you may clean things up, it will inevitably fill up again sooner than you realize!

I use this method every time I release a new set of clothing to make sure I didn't miss and dependencies. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom