Not A Bug Problem With Animations being erased

clevenger

Reactions
Not sure if this is a VAM issue or a BVH player issue or both.

Had brought in a mocap animation with the BVH player plugin and "baked" it. Going back to VAM's scene animation I could see the mocap traces but it wasn't playing. Disabling the BVH player plugin fixed this and the VAM's scene animation now played.

So saved the scene out, later reloaded it and all the scene animation was gone.

Was able to narrow this down to BVH player which appears to clear the scene animation out when it loads.

Also found out that if I have the BVH player plugin disabled when the scene is saved, it immediately enables itself on load, also erasing the animations. Other plugins don't behave this way, if they are disabled when saved they come back disabled.

On some occasions when I reloaded a scene with the BVH plugin on a character, the character sometimes failed to load properly, in one case the textures did not load.

The only workaround seems to be to REMOVE the BVH player plugin before saving, otherwise when the scene loads any mocap in it will be instantly erased.

Just FYI, I've pulled in BVH files from a commercial mocap rig and it works really well in VAM, so built in support for BVH would be welcomed

Main reason I posted this here was due to the odd issue of saving with the plugin OFF and then on reload having it come back ON. Thought this might be something in vam's core as it doesn't seem like a plugin should be able to enable itself.

All Plugins that are loaded on Person still initialize on script load so parameter init/load/store works correctly. This particular plugin is probably doing an animation clear during this init. The enabled checkbox for them just prevents them from doing updates with each physics or rendered frame update. The plugin owner could change it so this happens in OnEnable or Start functions instead of in the Init function.

Back
Top Bottom