Fixed Problem with Auto Generate Gens Textures

MiniMax

Reactions
Hi Meshed.
this is plague me for some time and since V1.20 may be the last chance to get a fix I report it now. A lot of my skin textures without native gens texture cause abnormal generation of the auto-generated gens textures as shown in attached screen shots. Is there anything you can do about it?

Attachments

• Auto Gens 5.jpg
    Auto Gens 5.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 0
  • Auto Gens 4.jpg
    Auto Gens 4.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 0
  • Auto Gens 3.jpg
    Auto Gens 3.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Auto Gens 2.jpg
    Auto Gens 2.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Auto Gens 1.jpg
    Auto Gens 1.jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 0
You have a diffuse gens texture loaded in all of those. The auto-generation is meant to be used if you don't have gens textures. You should clear the custom loaded gens texture so auto-generation can work properly.

This is not the cause of the problem. I removed all gen textures and after gen regenerate the result is exactly the same as seen above.

Most skins in above samples don't have gen textures, why I used the auto-generation. The gen texture paths in th UI are just left-over from a previously loaded skin, because the gen texture is not cleared by a skin texture mass import of a skin without gen texture and I forgot to clear it manually.

Which skin do you have selected here? It may be issue with specific skin. Also - can you PM me a link to the texture your are using for diffuse torso? I need to find a way to replicate the issue, because I'm not seeing what you are seeing.

Thanks

Oh - one thing I can think of is the gens texture generation only works correctly if the input torso textures are 4096x4096. It may be you have one of those 4000x4000 textures that some DAZ Vendors have used. My suggestion is to use a tool like Photoshop to resize to 4096x4096.

Indeed, all affected skins torso textures had sizes of 3000x3000 or 4000x4000. I have resized them to 4096x4096 and will check the result now.

But it would probably a good idea to show a warning message on genital auto generation when the texture is not of the expected size. Others may step into the same trap without a clue what went wrong (like me).

I see some wired issues with 1.20 regarding gens and face textures not present before. Looks as if at least normal texture is not loaded sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom