PresetLoader

Plugins PresetLoader

@bill_prime - Yeah, I think you may be right, and not a problem with the PresetLoader plugin at all (apologies @ky1001 ).
Just made a simple scene with a Button trigger to randomly load one of four Appearance presets from a nested subdir. It works fine, until I add a MergeLoadPresetWithPath action to the Button triggers (which is what I had done in my original scene to assign a Clothing preset) - then I get the aforementioned behaviour whereby random colour values and textures load on the first instance of the Appearance preset.

@bill_prime - Yeah, I think you may be right, and not a problem with the PresetLoader plugin at all (apologies @ky1001 ).
Just made a simple scene with a Button trigger to randomly load one of four Appearance presets from a nested subdir. It works fine, until I add a MergeLoadPresetWithPath action to the Button triggers (which is what I had done in my original scene to assign a Clothing preset) - then I get the aforementioned behaviour whereby random colour values and textures load on the first instance of the Appearance preset.
I'm relieved that it doesn't seem to be a PresetLoader issue.

@bill_prime Thank you for your accurate advice.

Hi! this is really useful! Is there a way you could put in a slider or something to set the timer to an exact increment?
Hello. Thank you for using the plugin.
Since there is time to load the Preset, the interval is slightly different, but I think it is generally correct. As a means to achieve more accurate intervals, consider turning on the PresetLoader's Load Presets button with an external animation or timer plugin instead of using the PresetLoader's AutoLoad function.

i was using it in one of Kitty mocaps older scenes. the try on one. she has the change interval at odd times and isnt always the same interval.
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/km208-dressing-room.6500/
this one... i tried using it with the triggers but there doesn't seem to be that option to use random preset from folder.. or favorites.
What timer plug in would you recommend?

i was using it in one of Kitty mocaps older scenes. the try on one. she has the change interval at odd times and isnt always the same interval.
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/km208-dressing-room.6500/
this one... i tried using it with the triggers but there doesn't seem to be that option to use random preset from folder.. or favorites.
What timer plug in would you recommend?
I'm sorry, I'm not good at English, so I didn't understand the story about the KittyMocap scene. PresetLoader is not included in Dependencies, so I think it is not used in the scene.

I don't know much about timers, but what about MacGruber's LogicBricks?

I added it to her scene to swap out a different outfit randomly instead of the 4 she had as presets.. I couldn't figure out what option to click to trigger your plug in during the time of the change she had in . i swapped the triggers that were loadpresetwithpath command with preset switcher plug in.. didn't seem to trigger the change aside from a general person change from my folder, but not the favorite clothe item i had tried to specify..

I added it to her scene to swap out a different outfit randomly instead of the 4 she had as presets.. I couldn't figure out what option to click to trigger your plug in during the time of the change she had in . i swapped the triggers that were loadpresetwithpath command with preset switcher plug in.. didn't seem to trigger the change aside from a general person change from my folder, but not the favorite clothe item i had tried to specify..

You need to setup the plugin first with Enable Clothing Presets checkbox enabled only.
Then select path/folder with a folder that has all of the clothing presets you want to cycle with Set Clothing Presets path.
You can turn on Enable Random Load if you don't want them to load sequentially.
Then you can trigger loading the next preset the animation triggers by the Load Presets trigger.
If you enable other types of presets (like appearance), those will also load when this is triggered, so make sure only clothing is enabled.

I was actually just working on the same thing for that dressing room scene lol, such a good scene!

Last edited:
Cool! lmao and thanks!
Sorry, I'm a little confused. It seems I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you were suggesting adding a precise timer function to the PresetLoader. But you were actually asking how to incorporate a PresetLoader into an existing scene, right?
@bill_prime Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. It seems I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you were suggesting adding a precise timer function to the PresetLoader. But you were actually asking how to incorporate a PresetLoader into an existing scene, right?
@bill_prime Thank you for your help.

Both actually. although now that I know how to correctly add it to a trigger, you probably don't have to make it a precise slider anyway as the trigger can do that instead :)

Both actually. although now that I know how to correctly add it to a trigger, you probably don't have to make it a precise slider anyway as the trigger can do that instead :)
I got it. I'm glad your problem was resolved.

@めまい, @bill_prime _
It took a while, but I fixed it so that Chothing doesn't come off when loading presets. This is valid only in VAM1.21 or later, and when used in VAM1.20, it will take off the clothing like the previous version of PresetLoader. If you don't mind, could you please check the function and operation?
Lock, Overlay Preset, and Merge Load functions can be used when set on each item on the VAM side and on the Preset tab.
As a point of concern, if each Preset is valid,
"Keep Appearance Clothing", "Keep Appearance Hair" and "No Clothing" will be overridden. This behavior itself is the same as the previous version. What do you think?
Also, in the previous version, I had to take off the clothing when loading presets, which should have been a countermeasure for some kind of problem, but I don't remember well. It seems that there is no problem at present, but I would be grateful if you could let me know if you notice anything.

Attachments

• PresetLoader_ver19_20230327.cs
    142 KB · Views: 0
Hello, I'm not sure if you're still making updates, but since the latest release of VAM, they've added an overlay option for presets to clothing/appearance/etc. It'd be great to at least have an option for clothing overlays for things like makeup/accessories so that those attributes can be randomized while the rest of the clothing remains consistent. Thanks again for your great plugin, I've made great use of it in the latest scene that I released.
@vertigoeighty, @bill_prime
I may have failed to write the message, so I will write it again.

It took a while, but I fixed it so that Chothing doesn't come off when loading presets. This is valid only in VAM1.21 or later, and when used in VAM1.20, it will take off the clothing like the previous version of PresetLoader. If you don't mind, could you please check the function and operation?
Lock, Overlay Preset, and Merge Load functions can be used when set on each item on the VAM side and on the Preset tab.
"Keep Appearance Clothing", "Keep Appearance Hair" and "No Clothing" will be overridden. This behavior itself is the same as the previous version. What do you think?
Also, in the previous version, I had to take off the clothing when loading presets, which should have been a countermeasure for some kind of problem, but I don't remember well. It seems that there is no problem at present, but I would be grateful if you could let me know if you notice anything.

Attachments

• PresetLoader_ver19_20230327.cs
    142 KB · Views: 0

I just saw this message, will try to test it out today or tomorrow.

@ky1001 Sorry, can you please try again to say what you changed? I don't understand. Maybe can you say what it was before and after the update.

I checked out the updated plugin, and it does work for "Keep Appearance Clothing", but it is a bit strange the way it was implemented.
It loads the new clothing, but then unloads it and re-loads the "saved" clothing.
It works fine, maybe not the most efficient, but it works pretty well.

@ky1001 Sorry, can you please try again to say what you changed? I don't understand. Maybe can you say what it was before and after the update.
Thank you for your comment.
In the old version, all clothing was turned off before loading AppearancePreset, ClothingPreset and some PosePresets, but now it is left on.
Clothing is no longer turned off, so you can use the Lock, Merge Load, and Overlay Preset functions by setting it on the VAM system side.

"Keep Appearance Clothing" saves the current clothing as a Preset and loads it again after loading the AppearancePreset, so it's not smooth. Forgive me for not knowing the proper way to exclude and load clothing from the AppearancePreset.

Yes! I just tried it and it is very effective. The original issue for me was that "Locked" addon clothing items (makeup, accessories, etc) were getting overwritten when the clothing preset shuffled. In version 19, this is not the case. Very useful change, I look forward to the official update. Thanks!

For the record, this is effective even without the need of clicking the "Keep Appearance Clothing" button (which is meant to keep clothing consistent between APPEARANCE presets). Which in my opinion, this is working as 100% intended.

Last edited:
Yes! I just tried it and it is very effective. The original issue for me was that "Locked" addon clothing items (makeup, accessories, etc) were getting overwritten when the clothing preset shuffled. In version 19, this is not the case. Very useful change, I look forward to the official update. Thanks!

For the record, this is effective even without the need of clicking the "Keep Appearance Clothing" button (which is meant to keep clothing consistent between APPEARANCE presets). Which in my opinion, this is working as 100% intended.
Thank you for confirmation.
I will publish it as a var as soon as possible.

ky1001 updated PresetLoader with a new update entry:

Update

Update contents (ver.19):
The following changes are valid only for VAM1.21 and above.
1) Supports Preset Lock function added in VAM1.21. Enable Lock on the VAM side.
2) Supported Merge Load function and Overlay function of each Preset. Enable Merge Load on VAM side.
3) Slightly slowed down PosePreset load times due to changes made for 1 and 2.

Notes:
The behavior is almost the same as the previous version, but if you feel that the behavior when "Keep Appearance Clothing" and "Keep...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there any way to use this plugin to automatically load the presets on scene load, like scene ninja loads appearance/plugin presets?
Also, can I merge load presets?

Is there any way to use this plugin to automatically load the presets on scene load, like scene ninja loads appearance/plugin presets?
Also, can I merge load presets?
As a method to turn on the "Load Presets" button of PresetLoader immediately after loading the scene, there are methods such as using CollisionTrigger, using Trigger with animation such as SceneAnimation, Timeline, AnimationPattern, etc. In any case, select the target Person for Trigger's "Receiver Atom", this plug-in for "Receiver", and "Load Presets" for "Receiver Target". If you turn on Trigger, the PresetLoader's "Load Presets" button will be pressed once.
For Merge Load, check "Use Merge Load" on each Presets tab of VAM and press the "Load Presets" button.

Back
Top Bottom