PresetLoader

Plugins PresetLoader

This is an interesting plugin, I have not had a lot of time to really look at it. This would be great to add to a catwalk scene and changing appearances, , skin, hair, clothing all while the model is behind the curtain. If nothing else by click in a button. I have not tried it yet. Also, is it possible to have a check box to set clothing to be removable? I know it would not work with all clothing, but sim maybe be able to automatically set the undress settings and the various settings below it so it the player is able to undress the model? Thanks

This is an interesting plugin, I have not had a lot of time to really look at it. This would be great to add to a catwalk scene and changing appearances, , skin, hair, clothing all while the model is behind the curtain. If nothing else by click in a button. I have not tried it yet. Also, is it possible to have a check box to set clothing to be removable? I know it would not work with all clothing, but sim maybe be able to automatically set the undress settings and the various settings below it so it the player is able to undress the model? Thanks
Regarding clothing items, the name used when turning ON/OFF the item may not match the name used when making detailed settings for that item. Therefore, I think it would be difficult to create checkboxes that allow undressing for various clothes. I'm sorry if my understanding is wrong.

Such a great plugin. One question...on the newer versions, when I use it to change hair or skin, but not appearance, it still makes the figure disapear and then reappear. The older versions didn't do this (I'm using v.6 in a scene). Is there a way to not have the whole figure turn off and then back on?

Such a great plugin. One question...on the newer versions, when I use it to change hair or skin, but not appearance, it still makes the figure disapear and then reappear. The older versions didn't do this (I'm using v.6 in a scene). Is there a way to not have the whole figure turn off and then back on?
I would like to avoid hiding Person as much as possible at the next update. However, since the main purpose of updating is difficult for me, it will take some time.

ky1001 updated PresetLoader with a new update entry:

Update

Updates:
1) Changed the initialization method of Plugin Preset to increase the possibility of coexistence with other Plugins. Thanks to "everlaster" for the advice.
2) Except for some, it is no longer hidden when Preset is loaded.
3) Added the ability to retain the displayed Person's Clothing and Hair.
4) Added the ability to save the currently displayed Person's Clothing, Hair, Skin, and Appearance Presets.

2nd Menu
View attachment 166412

Read the rest of this update entry...

Keeps getting better - thank you for your work. One great feature would be the ability to retain the scale of the original model (suppress the scale in the preset). Same as keeping the original clothing items (which is my favorite feature yet)

Keeps getting better - thank you for your work. One great feature would be the ability to retain the scale of the original model (suppress the scale in the preset). Same as keeping the original clothing items (which is my favorite feature yet)
Added scale hold function. I plan to publish it on HUB in about a week. It's a cs file, but if you don't mind, please use it in advance.

Attachments

• PresetLoader.cs
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
Not sure if it's just me, but with the newest versions, the paths for the hair/clothes/etc revert back to blank when saving off the plugin preset or to a scene once they're reloaded. The path info was retained okay in version 6.

Not sure if it's just me, but with the newest versions, the paths for the hair/clothes/etc revert back to blank when saving off the plugin preset or to a scene once they're reloaded. The path info was retained okay in version 6.
Sorry, I can't reproduce it. Please provide a step-by-step procedure when the path is not saved.

Sorry, I can't reproduce it. Please provide a step-by-step procedure when the path is not saved.
In version 12, I add the plugin to the person, open the plugin ui, I choose the default preset paths for clothing (Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing\) and Hair (Custom/Atom/Person/Hair\) At this point the plugin works fine. I go to save off the plugin to the plugin presets menu and also save the entire scene. When I go to reload either one, I see this related error:

!> Exception caught: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].CheckCollection (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ky1001.PresetLoader.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and when you go back into the plugin ui. The original paths and lists are no longer there.

---

If I do the same thing in version 6. I get no errors.

In version 12, I add the plugin to the person, open the plugin ui, I choose the default preset paths for clothing (Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing\) and Hair (Custom/Atom/Person/Hair\) At this point the plugin works fine. I go to save off the plugin to the plugin presets menu and also save the entire scene. When I go to reload either one, I see this related error:

!> Exception caught: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].CheckCollection (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ky1001.PresetLoader.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and when you go back into the plugin ui. The original paths and lists are no longer there.

---

If I do the same thing in version 6. I get no errors.
Thank you for explaining the steps. Ver.12 and ver.13 were used in the same procedure, but we were not able to confirm the phenomenon. Many exception errors occurred during development, so there is a possibility that countermeasures are insufficient depending on the conditions. Ver.12 is written in the procedure, but is this a writing error for ver.13? The latest version is ver.13. If you are not using ver.13, try using ver.13. Since the configuration of "Start" where the error occurs has been changed, there is a possibility that it has been improved in ver.13.

Thank you for explaining the steps. Ver.12 and ver.13 were used in the same procedure, but we were not able to confirm the phenomenon. Many exception errors occurred during development, so there is a possibility that countermeasures are insufficient depending on the conditions. Ver.12 is written in the procedure, but is this a writing error for ver.13? The latest version is ver.13. If you are not using ver.13, try using ver.13. Since the configuration of "Start" where the error occurs has been changed, there is a possibility that it has been improved in ver.13.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried same steps with ver.13 and received the same error unfortunately.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried same steps with ver.13 and received the same error unfortunately.
Sorry for inconvenience. Please give me some time to think about it. Also, if possible, let me check the preset or scene where the problem occurred.

There was a suspicious part. Could you please try it with the modified file?

Attachments

• ky1001.PresetLoader.13.var
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
this is a great plug in, im using it in some pose scenes of mine.. but i think i found a issue. heres what i did.

i created a scene with a button that starts an animation. in the animation the sequence is dim the light, uses your loader mid way thru to change the pose, then the end of animation brings the lights back up, pretty basic, but everytime i save everything and reload the scene the preset is gone for the change pose. now im not sure if this is due to it being attached to the animation or what. but figured i would mention it so you could look into it.

dont just close and reload the scene, shut vam down, like your done, then restart vam like you just got on.

i have tried to find errors in the set up, it works perfectly fine until i shut vam down.

upon reopen the animation does the lights, but your plug in never activaes, if you open the plugin and see settings they are still there, and then the animation will work again. its like it dont reember until it looks at it or something. hard to explain ,

i have no issues when i leave the animation pattern out of the equation and just use the button, but then i dont have the dimming lights and such.

have you experienced this?

hope everything is understood.

Last edited:
this is a great plug in, im using it in some pose scenes of mine.. but i think i found a issue. heres what i did.

i created a scene with a button that starts an animation. in the animation the sequence is dim the light, uses your loader mid way thru to change the pose, then the end of animation brings the lights back up, pretty basic, but everytime i save everything and reload the scene the preset is gone for the change pose. now im not sure if this is due to it being attached to the animation or what. but figured i would mention it so you could look into it.

dont just close and reload the scene, shut vam down, like your done, then restart vam like you just got on.

i have tried to find errors in the set up, it works perfectly fine until i shut vam down.

upon reopen the animation does the lights, but your plug in never activaes, if you open the plugin and see settings they are still there, and then the animation will work again. its like it dont reember until it looks at it or something. hard to explain ,

i have no issues when i leave the animation pattern out of the equation and just use the button, but then i dont have the dimming lights and such.

I have confirmed the phenomenon.
In my environment, the animation worked fine once the target Person was selected.
I will investigate the cause, but it may take some time.

I have modified the plugin. It's not a var file, but if you don't mind, could you please check it?

Attachments

• PresetLoader.cs
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom