PresetLoader

Plugins PresetLoader

ky1001

Featured Contributor
Reactions
ky1001 submitted a new resource:

PresetLoader - Load Clothing/Hair/Pose/Skin presets randomly or in order.

It is a plug-in that can load each Preset of Clothing/Hair/Pose/Skin in the specified folder randomly or in order with a simple procedure.
Please forgive me if there is a similar plugin.

How to use:
1) Load this plugin in Person.
2) Press the "Set Presets Path" button and select the folder where the Presets are located. Folders within var files can also be selected. If you uncheck "Include Subfolder" and select a folder, only the Presets directly under the selected folder will be read.
3)...

Read more about this resource...

ky1001 updated PresetLoader with a new update entry:

Update

Update:
1) Display the interval of "Auto Load" in seconds.
2) I set the maximum value of the interval to 180 seconds. If you need more intervals, please use an external trigger.
3) Display a message when the preset loading time is longer than the interval setting, and change the setting to 30 seconds.
4) The order is reset to No. 1 by unchecking Enable of each Preset.

There are no changes to the Demo Scene.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update

Update (ver.7):
1) If the loaded Pose Preset has position information, move Person to the original position after loading and set Rotation to 0.
2) If a part of the body is below the Root, the whole body will move above the Root. If you don't want to move for some reason, uncheck "Enable Position Adjustment".
Parts of the body may remain below the root. Please pardon.
3) Enable Preset is automatically checked when Preset Path is set.
4) Made "Load Presets" unresponsive at short intervals...

Is it possible to also do this with appearance presets? if so this would be perfect! , this is still awesome though thank you.

Is it possible to also do this with appearance presets? if so this would be perfect! , this is still awesome though thank you.
Sorry. I didn't notice your comment.
I've already created a load function for Appearance Preset, so it will be released soon after checking the operation.

Is there a way you can make this load from any scene (including var packages)? I want to cycle through all my var packages as well for textures and have them cached automatically. Or if there is a way to cycle through scenes (as a session plugin) automatically to preload all textures. My goal is to have all textures cached so I don't have to waste time waiting for VAM to cache textures. Thanks.

Some of the textures I would like to pre-cache from all scenes include: mouth, teeth, skin, clothing, appearance. Ideally it would just look at the all clothing options and just auto-cycle through. That way I can leave it on overnight.

Is there a way you can make this load from any scene (including var packages)? I want to cycle through all my var packages as well for textures and have them cached automatically. Or if there is a way to cycle through scenes (as a session plugin) automatically to preload all textures. My goal is to have all textures cached so I don't have to waste time waiting for VAM to cache textures. Thanks.

Some of the textures I would like to pre-cache from all scenes include: mouth, teeth, skin, clothing, appearance. Ideally it would just look at the all clothing options and just auto-cycle through. That way I can leave it on overnight.
This plug-in only loads presets using VAM functions.
Reading data from the scene is a completely different thing, so it is difficult to deal with.

Update

Update (ver9):
1) Appearance Presets can now be loaded. The setting function is in the second Menu.
2) PresetLoader settings can now be saved/loaded. The button is on the second Menu. Create a "Saves/PluginData/ky1001/PresetLoader" folder as a storage location.
3) You can now omit "AddonPackages" when setting a var containing a Preset using an external trigger. However, it takes more time to search than when it is not omitted.

Note:
I think ky1001.PresetLoaderDemo.1.var didn't work properly...

Really cool that you added the appearance presets, couple minor thoughts
- for appearance presets add toggles to suppress clothing or scale load
- for interval offer a zero second or 1 second option for the purposes of creating a cache

Great great work here!

Really cool that you added the appearance presets, couple minor thoughts
- for appearance presets add toggles to suppress clothing or scale load
- for interval offer a zero second or 1 second option for the purposes of creating a cache

Great great work here!
1) This plug-in uses VAM's Preset loading function, so it cannot do more than what VAM's function can do. Appearance Presets cannot be loaded without clothing.
I thought it would be possible to get rid of the clothes by creating a naked Clothing Preset and loading the Appearance and Clothing Preset, but it doesn't reduce the loading time.
2) In my environment, it takes about 15 seconds to load Clothing and Appearance. I tried remodeling to remove the restriction so that the next loading can be done before the end, but it was not loaded normally. Also, since VAM cannot be operated during loading, even if an error occurs, PresetLoader cannot be stopped and VAM must be forcibly terminated.

File before publishing
Randomization policy change:
The appearance frequency was made uniform, and only the appearance order was changed.

Attachments

• ky1001.PresetLoader.10.var
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What does it mean ? lol
Assuming that there are 3 types of Presets, A, B, and C, I changed var9 and var10 as follows.
For var9:
CAC ACA BAC ABC ACA may be arranged, and the order and appearance frequency of loading are random.
For var10:
CBA BAC ABC BCA CAB, all Presets are loaded once for every 3 Preset loads.

Update

Updates:
1) Changed the way presets are loaded when using Random Load. The same Preset will not be used until each Preset has been used once. This will even out how often the Preset is used.
2) Fixed an issue where Clothing was not applied correctly when some Poses were loaded.

How about a subScene loader? Loads subScenes saved in a folder randomly or in alphabetical order. People like me have one folder for rooms, one for this, one for that. It would be very functional.

How about a subScene loader? Loads subScenes saved in a folder randomly or in alphabetical order. People like me have one folder for rooms, one for this, one for that. It would be very functional.
I'm currently working on a feature that allows the Preset loader to load appearances and clothing that use plugins. After this is done, I plan to review PoseLoader.
I don't know how to use SubScene well, so I need to consider whether it is necessary or not, but in any case, it will be after PoseLoader.

subScenes are used for everything.
  • You can load lighting rigs in them, so cycling between subScenes in a folder would bring in different lightings for you to pick from. Needs to be able to read from a var.
  • You can have your audio sources in a subScene, so a button toggling that subScene on/off becomes a mute button.
  • You can have your tonemapper asset in a subScene, so a button toggling that subScene on/off becomes an FX button.
  • You can have different setups of furniture in them. You wanna see e nice setup in a room, cycle through your saved setups etc.
  • You can save different rooms as subscenes. Can have CUA assets in them.
  • You can have different actors in them, like cycling through your 1f 1m setups to see which characters you want to bring to this new scene.

I have this tablet that you can call to your hand in VR with a watch on your VR arm. It has these types of buttons. I'm going to release it at some point. It lets you control most things in VR intuitively with a tablet in your hand (instead of immersion breaking 2d game menus).

It cycles through different lights, different room, etc. I save the setups as states in MacGrubers statemachine, so that I can cycle from one to the next. But I don't have a way of automating that and being able to cycle between anything in a folder, to let the user add to the setups as they wish (they have to add states to the statemachine, which is still good but less practical than doing it automatically).

That would be a powerful tool.
  1. It needs to be able to look into vars.
  2. It needs to be able to look into more than one folder/place.
So that when people bundle their packages, they point to your plugin as dependency, the package comes within a var with its own setups but also lets you point to your additional setups in your own folder automatically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom