PresetLoader

Plugins PresetLoader

ky1001 updated PresetLoader with a new update entry:

Update

Updates:
1) Wait for the left click of the mouse so that you can adjust the angle of view of the screenshot when saving the preset with the "Save Current Presets" button. If you turn on "Auto Screenshot for Presets", it will be taken without waiting for a click.
2) When creating a scene var, if the Preset directory selected by PresetLoader is added to var, the Preset directory in var will be automatically selected. If you want to select the local Preset directory, turn off "Enable Path in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey there! First off thank you for this fantastic plugin! A lot of new possebilities are opened :)

However I got a pretty annoying issue. I am working at the moment on a bigger scene and updated to the latest preset loader plugin. I think I was running the V.13 version before. However I noticed after I deleted and replaced the plugin it does not respond at all anymore. This is a pretty big problem since there was a ton of work done in this scene upon the version exchange.

I tried already some things

- Reverse engineerd the scene until there was basically nothing left
- Deleted everything called "Preset Loader" or similar from the .json file
- Various atom & control on / off testings, hard resets, reloads and complete restarts while switching the plugin from one to the other and reverse.

I came to the idea it must be an version issue cause the last functional scene version also had the same issue once the plugin was exchanged

In conclusion I think there must be some version name issue in the script not being updated, searching for the old version number and therefore not reacting or something like that. I have no idea.

However I hope you can help there!

thanks in advance and have a wonderful day :)

I have tried versions 13, 14, 15, 16 and the Load Presets button/trigger does not appear to do anything? I have tried it with clothing/pose presets.

Hey there! First off thank you for this fantastic plugin! A lot of new possebilities are opened :)

However I got a pretty annoying issue. I am working at the moment on a bigger scene and updated to the latest preset loader plugin. I think I was running the V.13 version before. However I noticed after I deleted and replaced the plugin it does not respond at all anymore. This is a pretty big problem since there was a ton of work done in this scene upon the version exchange.

I tried already some things

- Reverse engineerd the scene until there was basically nothing left
- Deleted everything called "Preset Loader" or similar from the .json file
- Various atom & control on / off testings, hard resets, reloads and complete restarts while switching the plugin from one to the other and reverse.

I came to the idea it must be an version issue cause the last functional scene version also had the same issue once the plugin was exchanged

In conclusion I think there must be some version name issue in the script not being updated, searching for the old version number and therefore not reacting or something like that. I have no idea.

However I hope you can help there!

thanks in advance and have a wonderful day :)
In ver.16, if there is the same folder in local and scene var, the folder in var will be used preferentially. Is it possible that this feature is causing it not to work properly? If you have the same folder in var and locally, uncheck "Enable Path in Scene var" to explicitly specify the local folder.
I can't think of any other reason than this. If this doesn't work, could you show me the scene file?

I have tried versions 13, 14, 15, 16 and the Load Presets button/trigger does not appear to do anything? I have tried it with clothing/pose presets.
Are you setting a folder with preset files (vap)?
The Demo scene is uploaded to the old version of PresetLoader (var5). Please check the operation in the demo scene.

Are you setting a folder with preset files (vap)?
The Demo scene is uploaded to the old version of PresetLoader (var5). Please check the operation in the demo scene.

Yes I set the folder, it lists the preset .vap files on the right (Poses and Clothing I tested).
However, when I click Load nothing happens.

Yes I set the folder, it lists the preset .vap files on the right (Poses and Clothing I tested).
However, when I click Load nothing happens.
Can the Presets in the configured folder load successfully in VAM's Clothing Presets and Pose Presets tabs?
Does the demo scene work fine?
If they work fine, one possible reason is that the PresetLoader is failing when converting the Preset file's Path and filename to a Preset Name. What characters are entered in the Preset Name field of each Presets tab? Also, please let me know the Path and file name of the Preset file as I would like to experiment whether it is converted normally. (Custom/Atom/Person/Pose/XXX/Preset_XXX.vap)

Can the Presets in the configured folder load successfully in VAM's Clothing Presets and Pose Presets tabs?
Does the demo scene work fine?
If they work fine, one possible reason is that the PresetLoader is failing when converting the Preset file's Path and filename to a Preset Name. What characters are entered in the Preset Name field of each Presets tab? Also, please let me know the Path and file name of the Preset file as I would like to experiment whether it is converted normally. (Custom/Atom/Person/Pose/XXX/Preset_XXX.vap)

I figured it out lol.
My Person atom has a Parent atom in my scene (I use it to spin the Person), and it looks like this causes the preset loader to stop functioning.
If you have a parent atom set, and then you add the PresetLoader Plugin (or reload it), it will not work.
1669429684315.png

I figured it out lol.
My Person atom has a Parent atom in my scene (I use it to spin the Person), and it looks like this causes the preset loader to stop functioning.
If you have a parent atom set, and then you add the PresetLoader Plugin (or reload it), it will not work.
Thank you for confirmation. I also confirmed the phenomenon. I don't know the cause, but it seems to work normally before ver.12. I'm considering a countermeasure, but I don't know if it will be resolved soon. Could you temporarily use ver.12?

Thank you for confirmation. I also confirmed the phenomenon. I don't know the cause, but it seems to work normally before ver.12. I'm considering a countermeasure, but I don't know if it will be resolved soon. Could you temporarily use ver.12?

Right on, yeah no big deal. Thank you!

@bill_prime @ky1001

Surprisingly the atom parenting solved also my issue. In the scene she needs to be paranted in a specific environment. However even if she is parented after the plugin is installed to the person the plugin does not respond after a scene reload. Deleting the plugin -> unparenting -> saving -> relaunching and then again install the plugin + parent the person restores the functionality.

I hope for a bug fix soon cause this feature adds really the salt in the soup in a modelling show. Maybe I can add this feature later in an update for the scene if things take a bit longer ;)

@bill_prime @ky1001

Surprisingly the atom parenting solved also my issue. In the scene she needs to be paranted in a specific environment. However even if she is parented after the plugin is installed to the person the plugin does not respond after a scene reload. Deleting the plugin -> unparenting -> saving -> relaunching and then again install the plugin + parent the person restores the functionality.

I hope for a bug fix soon cause this feature adds really the salt in the soup in a modelling show. Maybe I can add this feature later in an update for the scene if things take a bit longer ;)
Solution found with the help of jayjaywon and everlaster on discord. I will attach a cs file, so please try it if you want to check it before publishing the HUB.

Attachments

• PresetLoader.cs
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
ky1001 updated PresetLoader with a new update entry:

Update

Update (var17):
1) It did not work properly when Parent Atom was set in Person, so I took measures. I needed the help of jayjaywon and everlaster to deal with it.
2) Presets are listed in advance and loaded in that order. When the Enable Presets toggle of each Preset is turned ON/OFF, the order returns to No. 1. Therefore, the same Preset was loaded repeatedly when using Enable Presets on and off. Changed the specification so that the order is maintained even if Enable Presets is turned...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Solution found with the help of jayjaywon and everlaster on discord. I will attach a cs file, so please try it if you want to check it before publishing the HUB.

Thank you for your quick response and dedication to your creations! Much appreciated :love: Thanks also to Everlaster and jayjaywon ;)

I'll test it right when I am in the studio again on mondy!

Got something different now. Damn, I forgot to check the license of this plugin cause I was kind of flashed by the possibilities and played around with it too much o_O Since the upcoming show will be a paid release I can't use your plugin in there with the CC-BY-NC licese unless you would allow it for us to do so.

Thank you for your quick response and dedication to your creations! Much appreciated :love: Thanks also to Everlaster and jayjaywon ;)

I'll test it right when I am in the studio again on mondy!

Got something different now. Damn, I forgot to check the license of this plugin cause I was kind of flashed by the possibilities and played around with it too much o_O Since the upcoming show will be a paid release I can't use your plugin in there with the CC-BY-NC licese unless you would allow it for us to do so.
If you don't distribute the plug-in together, you can use it for paid content. I use ReignMocap as well.

If you don't distribute the plug-in together, you can use it for paid content. I use ReignMocap as well.

Ok, great. Thank you. Well the CC-BY-NC license in its original meaning is pretty clear. Therefore it is not even allowed to reference NC content and/or even display within any form of video/picture while distributing paid content. However thoses lines tend to blur here on the HUB and a lot of people are working out of a "gray" zone (us included).

I feel better now knowing you allow it anyway :)

hi, again playing around with preset loader, possible bug? check this out.

created a bunch of pose presets, not in same location, so character will move through out the scene when pose activated. no issue with character moving buth a ui button, but when i try and use the preset loader the character dont move, now yes i did see the button to enable random movement and i played with that but the character stays in the same spot upon preset load button push, has anyone else had this issue? can you try and check this out?

hi, again playing around with preset loader, possible bug? check this out.

created a bunch of pose presets, not in same location, so character will move through out the scene when pose activated. no issue with character moving buth a ui button, but when i try and use the preset loader the character dont move, now yes i did see the button to enable random movement and i played with that but the character stays in the same spot upon preset load button push, has anyone else had this issue? can you try and check this out?
If I'm not misunderstanding what you're writing it's a feature, not a bug. Check the "Update (ver.7)" item. "1) If the loaded Pose Preset has position information, move Person to the original position after loading and set Rotation to 0."

If I'm not misunderstanding what you're writing it's a feature, not a bug. Check the "Update (ver.7)" item. "1) If the loaded Pose Preset has position information, move Person to the original position after loading and set Rotation to 0."
the position location data? in my mind that would be the store root node in pose check box? maybe that is where im going wrong in general?

let me explain what im doing better,

save poses as pose presets, with root node checked, with different locations. normally i drop a iu button w a pose preset assigned and she changes poses, and will move to where she was when saved. even when just loading the pose preset the character moves around.

im trying to impliment preset loader into this.. sounds almost kinda simple. but when i hit load the preset thru pose loader she always stays in the same spot.
i do have enable position adjustment checked. ive also tried to load the var, and the script after unzipping. same results.

again back to what you said i believe i might be saving the pose position wrong? or the location data? im not sure.

the position location data? in my mind that would be the store root node in pose check box? maybe that is where im going wrong in general?

let me explain what im doing better,

save poses as pose presets, with root node checked, with different locations. normally i drop a iu button w a pose preset assigned and she changes poses, and will move to where she was when saved. even when just loading the pose preset the character moves around.

im trying to impliment preset loader into this.. sounds almost kinda simple. but when i hit load the preset thru pose loader she always stays in the same spot.
i do have enable position adjustment checked. ive also tried to load the var, and the script after unzipping. same results.

again back to what you said i believe i might be saving the pose position wrong? or the location data? im not sure.
What I mean by "position information" is the "control" that is saved in the vap file when "Store Root Node in Pose" is checked.
In the previous mainstream "Legacy Pose Presets", "control" was automatically saved in a json file. In the currently recommended "Pose Presets", "control" is not saved in the vap file by default, and is saved only when "Store Root Node in Pose" is checked. It's a VAM function, so you can use it freely, but some people say that if there is "control" in the Pose file, the person's position will move and it's inconvenient, and I thought so too. Therefore, even if "control" is written in the Pose file, it is ignored.
If there is a request, I can add an option that does not ignore "control", but I would like to leave "Root" in its original position.

What I mean by "position information" is the "control" that is saved in the vap file when "Store Root Node in Pose" is checked.
In the previous mainstream "Legacy Pose Presets", "control" was automatically saved in a json file. In the currently recommended "Pose Presets", "control" is not saved in the vap file by default, and is saved only when "Store Root Node in Pose" is checked. It's a VAM function, so you can use it freely, but some people say that if there is "control" in the Pose file, the person's position will move and it's inconvenient, and I thought so too. Therefore, even if "control" is written in the Pose file, it is ignored.
If there is a request, I can add an option that does not ignore "control", but I would like to leave "Root" in its original position.
so what your saying is the box you can check that says enable position adjustment does not move the character around, but makes the control node rotatable for positioning?

so what your saying is the box you can check that says enable position adjustment does not move the character around, but makes the control node rotatable for positioning?
sorry. I'm not good at English, so I used a translation app to read the text, but I couldn't understand it. Could you write it in a different way or in short sentences?

I made a sample with an option not to ignore "control". Uncheck "Ignore Root Control" if you want to load at the same position as the "Pose Presets" tab.
Does this do what you want?

Attachments

• PresetLoader.cs
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom