Possible to import rigged sex toy assets into VAM?

Fakey McFakerson

Reactions
I've never used Unity or DAZ Studio, and I have a little bit of experience with Blender.

How easy is it / is it possible to import something like a sex toy / torso (see example pictures)? Preferably with physics and deformation.

I figured a torso might actually be easiest to start with. Is it possible to trim the limbs off a standard female torso and apply an alpha transparent texture and import it as an asset?

example1.pngexample2.pngexample3.png

You can export the default person atom as an OBJ from VaM and do whatever you want with it. You can import a rigged (weight painted) mesh from blender to unity, but where you will run into issues is trying to apply softbody physics in Unity. If its just for a pre-built scene/screencap/movie type of thing, you might be able to animate the deformation/movement of a rigged mesh. Or for playable scenes, you can do some of it with Unity physics joints/colliders applied to your exported blender rig (bones), but (speaking from experience) Unity does not implement softbody physics natively, so you either have to program your own simulation/solver, or rely on available tools, which will require a lot of porting to make compatible with VaM, if its even possible at all. Certain C# namespaces and libraries are not accessible from inside VaM, even if they work in Unity. Not saying its impossible, just saying it's highly unlikely that any softbody physics solution you find in Unity will work with VaM "out of the box" so to speak.

I can't find any .obj files in my VAM install. How do I export the base female model?

If I can get that default female body into Blender, I should be able to trim the limbs off to make a torso right? The issue is then getting it BACK into VAM with physics I guess?

I only discover this thread now. It seems I made one of the items you're looking for!

I managed to have a trimmed torso. Sadly this won't directly reply to your issue, as I made it in VAM directly. That's the best way to have optimal physics 😋
It's based on plugins to hide the limbs and fix the colliders. Completed by shapes to hide the gaping holes and set as a subscene.

However it doesn't do transparency. I recall I tried glass body clothing, but it applied to the full body, even the hidden parts.

I'm trying to achieve a similar result with morphs (so DAZ + Blender, and only the morphs go back to VAM). Maybe this way the transparency will work.
Problem is, it seems you can't just "cut" into the model for making morphs: you need to keep the same verticles otherwise DAZ won't know what to do with it. So I struggle a bit to have a neat result... But I'm getting closer.

Last edited:
That's exactly how I figured out how to do it lol

I'm still messing about with opacity mapping to make it look perfect, but so far it seems entirely workable.

Will need to add some "caps" on the shoulders, thighs, and neck area eventually. As well as editing colliders more.

Attachments

• torso1.png
    torso1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • torso2.png
    torso2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom