Importing assets (Unity AssetBundles for VaM 1.xx)

ddAbb

Reactions
I followed MacGruber's PDF guide to importing assets and managed to get a custom sofa and ottoman imported, but objects I just created in unity 2018.1.9 and import don't show up after I select them from my custom asset bundle in-game. They're in the bundle but don't render or collide after I load them.

The objects I created have mesh colliders, the standard shader is selected, and my objects just have albedo and normal maps.
My probuilder mesh isn't getting included in the asset bundle (the object is a blue cube instead of a mesh of the object), I can't seem to find the .fbx for my object, it's not listed with the rest (sofa, ottoman) or by searching *.fbx in explorer...

When I click the blue cube in my source folder for my object, the mesh filter is set to 'none'.

Would someone help me out with what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Using ProBuilder does not produce an FBX. Quoting the tutorial:
Once you modeled your mesh and textured it, you can use the Export function (with Export Format set to Asset) to produce a prefab out of it. If needed, this can also be converted back again to ProBuilder by using the ProBuilderize button.
The prefab you get out is what you need to put into the AssetBundle.

Thanks for your help. My bad, I missed that little bit there in the PDF.

I got collision working but my object falls through the world if I turn physics on and position off. Some of the other assets from the hub also act this way, some don't. What should I do so these don't fall through objects?

I'm also trying to merge a bunch of parts together into one mesh and am having trouble with it. If there's any easy way I'm all ears.
Using Merge Mesh Unity to merge objects and seems to be working well.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-03 132348.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-03 132348.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Never tried to enable physics for a CUA atom, only collisions. I would suspect you need a Rigidbody component as well as a Collider. Note that Unity's Rigidbody does only support convex MeshColliders (there is a checkbox) for performance reasons, and still performance will be bad. E.g. for those money bundles using a BoxCollider + Rigidbody should get you better results.

Back
Top Bottom