Having trouble building asset bundles for VAM in Unity

ddAbb

Reactions
It's been a year since I played around with VAM and Unity, I previously made the Money asset bundle so I've had this working before (thanks to MacGruber's tutorial) and haven't changed anything (didn't uninstall Unity, still using the same project file I used before).

Now, when I put prefabs into the assetbundles window and click 'build', nothing happens. No progress bar dialogs, no busy icon in the bottom corner. I can hear my hard drive make some noise like it's reading/writing somewhere, but I used windows explorer to search everywhere and the file isn't being created as far as I can tell.

Here's what it looks like for reference:
Screenshot 2021-10-02 160516.jpg

Then the build tab
Screenshot 2021-10-02 160555.jpg

Am I missing something easy? I tried changing the compression, the export folder, changing the name of the bundle, and even tried exporting old stuff that I've already bundled in the past. Simple, solid objects like a $1 bill won't export.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I don't know why I didn't think to look there, I feel kinda stupid now...

So this is what it shows when I first launch the project
Screenshot 2021-10-02 234641.jpg

This is what it shows after I try to build an asset bundle
Screenshot 2021-10-02 234717.jpg

So the 'PathCreator' compile error needs to be sorted out.
I deleted (moved) the PathCreatorEditor.asmdef & PathCreatorEditor.asmdef.meta files from that location and I get these errors on startup, plus the asset builder and VaMExporter windows are missing without them
Screenshot 2021-10-02 235202.jpg

I put them back and now I'm still missing the asset builder and VaMExporter windows.
It's still throwing the 'reference to non-existant assembly 'PathCreator' error.
I don't even know if the PathCreator is a Unity asset or part of the Asset Builder or VaMExporter.
If you don't know what to do I'll just have to rebuild it all from your UnityAssetBundles-Project-20200307.zip and hopefully that'll fix it.
Thanks for you help, let me know if you have any ideas.

If you don't know what to do I'll just have to rebuild it all from your UnityAssetBundles-Project-20200307.zip and hopefully that'll fix it.
That seems like a good idea. Not sure what PathCreator is either, this is neither from ProBuilder nor my own plugins. Possibly it came from some asset you are trying to import?

I don't know man it's been a year since I've used Unity. I don't think so, I just opened my old project and tried bundling some of the old stuff I made that I never got around to making into a bundle a year ago.

Thanks for your help though.

Back
Top Bottom