Not A Bug Plugins need to be able to save settings

vamX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
vamX
With the new security feature, some of the features in my plugin are broken. I have a file that I overwrite for settings, and another I overwrite during a temporary process in order to generate a new look (some features I've found are only possible to implement by saving a temporary json file then loading that look). By the time the user gets a chance to accept, we've already tried to load the file we created and failed.

First of all, and this is quite urgent for me, can you please create a Custom/Temp and Saves/Temp folders where we can overwrite items without prompting the user.

Second, in the security page this should be able to be disabled in the plugins area. Perhaps someone wants a plugin that can change their files.

Change your plugin to write to Custom/PluginData/ or Saves/PluginData/ area. This is mentioned here:

There are also new methods for saving files that provide callbacks (info also in the apidoc linked in the trello item above) to allow you to asynchronously respond to the user's response if you still do need to write to other areas.

Back
Top Bottom