Not A Bug Camera Rig can't be added to Subscene

Dragontales

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
DragoninkV
I'm in the process of creating a subscene with a figure and collision triggers where some can only be triggered by the camera rig (VR hands) and it appears that this can't be added to the subcene. This then, breaks the links when you try and save/load the subscene. Not really a bug, I guess, but more a functionality thing?

This isn't really possible as CameraRig is a special atom that should not be parented to anything. I'll try to make the rig more flexible in 2.X so that you can do more with the player rig and navigation.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Maybe there's some way to have subscenes "ignore" that atom as being missing?

Do note that the SubScene does still save with those triggers, but it issues a warning so that you know about it. Upon load, the SubScene will attempt to reconnect the trigger, and in the case of CameraRig it should always work since that is a fixed name.

Interesting. I did try it and it broke the link and reset it to nothing when I reloaded it, but I'll play around with it again.

Back
Top Bottom