Fixed (FIXED in 1.21.2.0) [Duplicate] Triggers on Geometry Clothing can't be packaged as var

varchm

Reactions
Hi!
On Vam 1.21.1.0, I created a button to trig the loading of a cloth through Person->Geometry->clothing:<var>:/Custom/.../clothing.vam and tick the box to set it.
It does work fine. I attached the simple json here.

But when I go to package builder I get reference issue because clothing:<var>:/Custom/.../clothing.vam is not found.
Going further and packaging the var leads to the trigger not doing anything. Probably as consequence, the triggers doesn't have the tick anymore and hitting test does nothing, neither the cloth appear nor a message is raised.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a simple workaround. I though about using transparency with alpha adjust which could be sufficent for my use case.
Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Great software <3

Attachments

• clothtrig.json
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Code:
receiverTargetName    "clothing:JaxZoa.JaxEffects.4:/Custom/Clothing/Female/JaxZoa/Jax_Effects_DroolCornerLeft/Jax_Effects_DroolCornerLeft.vam"
This sounds like this issue (due to addition of clothing: in name/path).
After building package (using your scene) it creates reference for clothing:JaxZoa.JaxEffects.latest (instead of JaxZoa.JaxEffects.latest)

EDIT: Did you try using clothing presets as workaround?

Yes the same, thanks for pointing me to your thread. So my thread can be closed.

For potatoe PCs, I wanted to avoid clothing presets for a single cloth. it's for quickly emerging fluids ;-)

Using alpha does work but its a bit of a pain to record all defaults aplha. Unfortunatly, in my test, hide material didn't work consistently. Neither does editing the scene json and meta to remove the prefix.

Last edited:
That's really cool. I'll have to try that again.
I take that opportunity to thank the developpers, there are some key features that were added that makes scene creation more pleasant.
Congrats

Back
Top Bottom