Resource icon

Plugins Phone Controller For VaM

Reactions
Website
github.com
Eugene-E0a80fd8080ff8e submitted a new resource:

Phone Controller For VaM - Turn your Android phone to a 3-DoF controller

This plugin will allow you to use you phone as a controller.
Have to say that it work fine for rotations, not so much for movements.

See my github for instructions: https://github.com/Eugene-E0a80fd8080ff8e/PhoneControllerForVaM
Sources are available under LGPL (free)

Please visit the github link above for detailed instructions.

PREREQISITES:
Android 5.0+ is required
A local network required, to which both phone and VaM computer should be connected.

Read more about this resource...

seems like a cool idea but it just says ''Not connected'' on right corner of the app for me :(

seems like a cool idea but it just says ''Not connected'' on right corner of the app for me :(

A bit late, but I had also this problem. Deactivate all not used network adapters on your PC, make sure there are no firewall issue, and make sure you don't have some kind of VPN on your PC and phone.

Eugene-E0a80fd8080ff8e updated Phone Controller For VaM with a new update entry:

v0.2

View attachment 16105
This plugin need an app to be installed on your phone.
You can find instructions on installation at the github page of the project:
https://github.com/Eugene-E0a80fd8080ff8e/PhoneControllerForVaM

new in v0.2 :
- setting page
- an mode which makes buttons function as toggle buttons (push-button mode was available before this)
- you can choose a port number in phone controller
- refresh rate

Read the rest of this update entry...

I was able to connect my phone with VAM and it seems the Magnetometer is also working, however in my case I seem to have issues with the Acellerometer not being callibrated. I have downloaded an App to help with this issue but it wont be recognized by the phone controller app... Any idea what i can do? I use a Huawai Mate 10

I was able to connect my phone with VAM and it seems the Magnetometer is also working, however in my case I seem to have issues with the Acellerometer not being callibrated. I have downloaded an App to help with this issue but it wont be recognized by the phone controller app... Any idea what i can do? I use a Huawai Mate 10
I can not imagine accelerometer to cause a problem. Normally it just works, not even a "last thing to break"

Have you ever used your accelerometer in another app?

I can not imagine accelerometer to cause a problem. Normally it just works, not even a "last thing to break"

Have you ever used your accelerometer in another app?
I just downloaded the "Classic Labyrinth 3d Maze" and it works and it is motion based. I will try other apps and try to find out what might cause these accelerometer issues.
Screenshot_20201105_073323_local.movementtrackerforvam.movementtrackerforvam.jpg
This is what my screen looks like (not connected at the moment...).
Btw. thanks for taking your time looking into this👍🏻

With the new version, after about 2 minutes the phone app disconnects and the error log shows this: "!> term FMDFHGBDR", then if I want to remove or reload the plugin VaM freezes.

Xiaomi Redmi 6A. accelerometer not calibrated. Nothing works. It says connected but I can't move with anything.

I have problems with the same, update to the latest version and everything, same Wi-Fi network, well installed plugin and good internet, firewall disabled and no interference, I still have the same problem, it does not connect me to the App ...

Eugene-E0a80fd8080ff8e updated Phone Controller For VaM with a new update entry:

works with Vam 1.20.7.77

two fixes:
- VaM plugin is made compatible with VaM version 1.20.77.7
- PhoneController is now a proper controller for AcidBubbles' Timeline plugin. Works as you might expect.

The Android application haven't changed from v0.2 to v0.3 . You don't need to upgrade if you already have v0.2.

You can download apk (android app) here https://github.com/Eugene-E0a80fd8080ff8e/PhoneControllerForVaM/releases
Here is some instructions and descriptions...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom