NICO’s V Time

Scenes NICO’s V Time

JoyBoy

Featured Contributor
Reactions
JoyBoy submitted a new resource:

NICO’s V Time - My experimentation in using Timeline to create expressions for a scene.

A scene creation by JoyBoy.

My experimentation in using Timeline to create expressions for a scene. The file includes 2 scenes with a button on the scenes that load the next one.

Please press the reset button before the play button.

Credit:

Scripts:

Easy Gaze - Finger...

Read more about this resource...

@Jackaroo Did you give permission to share your look this way? If so, it really should be packaged separately and then referenced in these animations rather than included bundled all into one .var...

Animations are great, but the file size is huge because you're duplicating content. Not the way it should be done

@Jackaroo Did you give permission to share your look this way? If so, it really should be packaged separately and then referenced in these animations rather than included bundled all into one .var...

Animations are great, but the file size is huge because you're duplicating content. Not the way it should be done
Personally, I unpack every .var file I get, it makes it easier for me to know where things are and that's probably why the file size is huge.
@Jackaroo 's V_DMC Look is free to the public or was I wrong. I provided a link to the download page or do I have to ask every creator when I have to use there Public free creation. I only packaged it together so that New VAM users wouldn't get confused about what to download and what not to download.

Last edited:
I don't want to start a big discussion, but you're doing it wrong. The whole purpose of the .var system is to not duplicate content and to reference others people's content. Basically, when you make a .var you should never be packaging in it other people's content - it should be referenced. If the content you want to use isn't available as a .var to reference it, you should either exclude it or contact the content creator and either ask them if you can include it (and ideally you package it separately alongside your release... not just include it inside) or as them if they can make a .var version of it.

If people don't use the .var system properly, then it'll always be a mess and defeat the whole point of it. It's future looking, especially when references being auto-downloaded becomes a feature.

It's a really great scene though, and if you want to message me on discord Switch#2526 I'm happy to help you through with any .var issues, or repackage the whole thing for you.

Thanks for the information its good to know this. I was always thinking it might be inconveniencing for new users because it was for me at my earlier start but I guess rules are rules. @Jackaroo please let me know if you would like me to remove your V_DMC creating, I can always upload an update.

Just to be clear, it's not rules, and I'm not enforcing anything - just a better way to do things - although more effort.

Hey guys! Since i did not repackage V as a var file, i see no big issues with using the free VAC format so long as you at least give a shout-out to my page ! :) I simply have made too many characters to go through and repackage them all as var ( over 60! plus other types of models), so instead I use the time I have to create new characters. Maybe one day I can get around to repackaging more! If you do want a VAR of a specific thing I haven't packaged as such , you can message me and ask and i will do that for you!
@JoyBoy @Switch

Oh my goodness! there is 365 megabytes of guy's texture! ha ha ha
Yeah sorry about that this is the best I can do, it was even worse before. I was debating whether to remove him or not, but then it wouldn't be a V time.

it is not necessary to delete these textures, it was enough to convert them to jpeg. Believe me, the quality would not have suffered, because there is nothing in these textures that requires high resolution.

it is not necessary to delete these textures, it was enough to convert them to jpeg. Believe me, the quality would not have suffered, because there is nothing in these textures that requires high resolution.
The best solution I would say is for you to remove them yourself. I can guide you in the steps to remove them from the var file in-game to reduce the file size. Besides, the V look is not my own it's from Jackaroo, who authorized me to use them, he never converted them to var. I credited him at the bottom of the overview tab

You can try and unpack the var file in the add-on package manager.

Screenshot 2020-11-28 235753.jpg

navigate to the file you want to unpack click on it and then click on the unpack green button

Screenshot 2020-11-28 235701.jpg

then open your VAM file on your computer and go to addon packages (the top must folder)
you should see another folder inside that. It is the same name as the file you unpacked.
open it and navigate to Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\Jackaroo\V_DMC_JaR
Copy the image and edit it to your liking and then paste it back where you copied it from (make sure the names are the same and don't forget to click replaces)
finally, go to your VAM app that is playing and click on the repack button

Screenshot 2020-11-28 235347.jpg

You can do this also with other files. open the package, edit what you want, and then repackage it back keeping the var file intact.

Very nice work as always.
Concerning dependencies:
Testitou.nico_dmc5.1 is available for free on https://www.patreon.com/posts/nico-42370233

prestigitis.hair-20191213.latest I wasn't able to find it on the web, but I have a copy of the var file. I usually do not upload anything but if you want the file and have an idea of how to transfer it, hit me up in the DMs.

Very nice work as always.
Concerning dependencies:
Testitou.nico_dmc5.1 is available for free on https://www.patreon.com/posts/nico-42370233

prestigitis.hair-20191213.latest I wasn't able to find it on the web, but I have a copy of the var file. I usually do not upload anything but if you want the file and have an idea of how to transfer it, hit me up in the DMs.
The information where to get the required var are at the bottom of the overview tab (look below the image and video).

Back
Top Bottom