Multiple skin texture layers and changing alpha

haloworld

Reactions
Is it possible to apply a skin texture on another layer of skin texture and by changing the alpha the apperance can change into another in an animation?

You can apply a overlay/decal texture in the textures-tab. But I am not that deep into this to know, if it is possible to change the alpha in an animation (never tried this). I guess you would need a plugin for this?
In theory you can also use a full body clone-clothing with a texture.
For the full-body clone-clothing, you could switch clothes on/off in animation, but no smooth blending. You also need to tinker around with the settings to get the same color.

Yes, think there was a plug-in.

Can also just use Photoshop and change the opacity of layers, saving it as a single layer. This is slightly better as have more control over stuff.

You can apply a overlay/decal texture in the textures-tab. But I am not that deep into this to know, if it is possible to change the alpha in an animation (never tried this). I guess you would need a plugin for this?
In theory you can also use a full body clone-clothing with a texture.
For the full-body clone-clothing, you could switch clothes on/off in animation, but no smooth blending. You also need to tinker around with the settings to get the same color.
I know there is a g8fskin clothing that can wear g8 skin texture as clothing, is it possible to make a clothing that can wear normal skin texture that VaM uses (not sure what that standard is) as clothing?

Yes, you can make a simple Genesis 2 clothing by just exporting the G2 figure from DAZ3d instead of clothings.
It will be similar to full-body clothes like the geo shells for waterdrops or gloss...
Yes, or like the g8-clothing.
VaM is using the Genesis 2 skin as standard.

By the way, I quickly made a clone clothing for you. It is without textures but with G2 UV map, you have to navigate to the custom skin you want to use and adjust the settings as you like.

Attachments

• TToby.G2CLONE.1.var
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I am AFK for the rest of the week, so I can't give answers in that time.

maybe you will find Decal maker plugin usefull.

(adding to TToby) For those who are unware of this... I would like to give a warning to anyone who try to use Decal Maker plugin for animation (in particular the trigger system). That plugin will keep loading texture for dozens and even hundreds of time (I remember I loaded some decal for like 100+ times with a single collision trigger and VaM crashes)....The reason is that is will add layers of textures in geometric series 1,2,4,8,16....

talk Unless it is updated or someone has a better suggestion, I would use that for static application of texture only.

Last edited:
By the way, I quickly made a clone clothing for you. It is without textures but with G2 UV map, you have to navigate to the custom skin you want to use and adjust the settings as you like.
Really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom