Question .mtl file not working

ElLinceOscuro

Reactions
Hi, I'm trying to Export a model and do a little own my own touch up and customization but I'm having a hard time with the MTL.
I have followed the instructions of a few posts here but cant seem to get/find the answer I need, or figure out where im going wrong.
I "Export as OBJ and MTL" but when i load the OBJ file in Blender the mtl file seems to be corrupt or blender cant read it because the Materials are all pink. I've gone into the obj on notepad and replaced "usemtl" with "g" on all instances in the file and before importing "Split by Group" and "Split by Object" which makes subgroups, but the MTL file loads as all grey instead of pink. Is there a way to get the textures from the actual model that are on it or am i missing a step?

The MTL files will be empty of actual textures as vam does not have the license to allow you to export the built in textures for user editing. You can get the default G2 texture set in cusom\atom\person\textures\femalebase, The MTL files only exist to allow proper material groups to be sent out.

You can get all the Ren made textures from Ren's patreon (https://www.patreon.com/RenVR/posts) but the others will need to be purchased from the Daz stores.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm trying to Export a model and do a little own my own touch up and customization but I'm having a hard time with the MTL.
I have followed the instructions of a few posts here but cant seem to get/find the answer I need, or figure out where im going wrong.
I "Export as OBJ and MTL" but when i load the OBJ file in Blender the mtl file seems to be corrupt or blender cant read it because the Materials are all pink. I've gone into the obj on notepad and replaced "usemtl" with "g" on all instances in the file and before importing "Split by Group" and "Split by Object" which makes subgroups, but the MTL file loads as all grey instead of pink. Is there a way to get the textures from the actual model that are on it or am i missing a step?

And where are obj files saved?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom