• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Mr. Sandman
Hey man, beggars can't be choosers, I love the work, you're truly an artist, and I would add, cinematographer. Looking forward to anything you have in the works.

A couple of screenshots from render done in 4k by my 3090 for the video made for my wife with my modified version of AnnaK. She says it's the hottest scene she's scene from VaM.

View attachment 73471

View attachment 73472
I'm glad this runs well for you, and I am so glad it works with other models! You never know with tight tolerances on these kinds of animations whether it'll work with another look. I try not to move too many body parts away from the base, default look.

Oh, and I am planning to update this with a couple of the suggestions others have made in this comment section. Just haven't sat down to do it yet.

I'm glad this runs well for you, and I am so glad it works with other models! You never know with tight tolerances on these kinds of animations whether it'll work with another look. I try not to move too many body parts away from the base, default look.
I typically swap out the models on all scenes that I end up using for videos for the wife, and normally it is a nightmare to get everything to work right. (I always check scale on the models, make sure those match, etc.) With yours all I did was match scale and it worked perfectly first try, so well done on that too! I look forward to any updates and content from you.

vamurai updated Mr. Sandman with a new update entry:

New Updates!

A bunch of new updates here, mostly based on requests.
  • Added a reflection in the window. This also came with an option to disable this, in case it kills your framerate.
  • Added an option to disable Soundtrack Sync. Systems with lower-powered hardware might struggle to keep the audio synced with the video when the framerate dips. This will disable the Audio Sync to prevent audio skipping on lower end systems.
  • Added volume sliders for the music and for Tiff's breathing/orgasm...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for todays update. I expect this can solve my sound stuttering issues. By the way I have them almost everywhere where there is mp3 song, and usually only in VR, I tried to lower VaM performance sliders, but none progress to improve this issue. In desktop mode, audio is in 99% of cases OK. Much appreciate your work and technical effort so resolve tiny details and problems of users.

Thanks for todays update. I expect this can solve my sound stuttering issues. By the way I have them almost everywhere where there is mp3 song, and usually only in VR, I tried to lower VaM performance sliders, but none progress to improve this issue. In desktop mode, audio is in 99% of cases OK. Much appreciate your work and technical effort so resolve tiny details and problems of users.
Interesting. I usually use 320k mp3 because it's an easy, compatible format with decent enough sound and a smallish file size. I could absolutely try using wav files if you think that might be related to the issue.

Interesting. I usually use 320k mp3 because it's an easy, compatible format with decent enough sound and a smallish file size. I could absolutely try using wav files if you think that might be related to the issue.
No, I think that problem is my CPU i7-6700 which I bought shortly before these two security risks and were patched by force in "Meltdown" patch. Since this I lost 15-20% CPU power (No 15-20% money back from price of CPU from Intel till today...), and I guess VR application suffering most. However I will try to make my notes towards other scenes and if I will track some pattern I will let you know. Came to my mind can it be a wrong implementation of mp3 codec in VaM or Steam VR? Lot of VR app behave quite funny since last Steam VR update concerning sound. I have VR HOT on STEAM and there is same sound stuttering issue. Have to try HL:ALYX and other app which run without problems in past...

No, I think that problem is my CPU i7-6700 which I bought shortly before these two security risks and were patched by force in "Meltdown" patch. Since this I lost 15-20% CPU power (No 15-20% money back from price of CPU from Intel till today...), and I guess VR application suffering most. However I will try to make my notes towards other scenes and if I will track some pattern I will let you know. Came to my mind can it be a wrong implementation of mp3 codec in VaM or Steam VR? Lot of VR app behave quite funny since last Steam VR update concerning sound. I have VR HOT on STEAM and there is same sound stuttering issue. Have to try HL:ALYX and other app which run without problems in past...
Well, keep me posted. I'm always willing to update scenes where possible to make the experience better!

I tried new version few moments ago, fps variate from 17 to 37, sync option on and no audio stuttering. Today there was another STEAM VR update, so I tried it also without audiosync and surprise, surprise! Also no audio stuttering. So I quickly checked "Addiction" scene, where I recalled audio problem too, and also without audio stuttering. So it seems, that in my case STEAM VR was a culprit. Let this be a lesson for other users and content creators - not always a VaM scene produce problem, sometimes STEAM VR can have bad day... :)
Vamurai I still appreciate new version and your approach. Thanks for your work.

I tried new version few moments ago, fps variate from 17 to 37, sync option on and no audio stuttering. Today there was another STEAM VR update, so I tried it also without audiosync and surprise, surprise! Also no audio stuttering. So I quickly checked "Addiction" scene, where I recalled audio problem too, and also without audio stuttering. So it seems, that in my case STEAM VR was a culprit. Let this be a lesson for other users and content creators - not always a VaM scene produce problem, sometimes STEAM VR can have bad day... :)
Vamurai I still appreciate new version and your approach. Thanks for your work.
That's great news! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out.

Oh, and I am planning to update this with a couple of the suggestions others have made in this comment section. Just haven't sat down to do it yet.
You asked what I'd be looking for in a sequel.... That's an excellent question... Something similar to Sandman, but different music obviously... Ohhhh.... My wife's favorite song, Perfect by Ed Sheeran... And maybe we make the model Zoey Deutch... (She's the girl in the video for that song....) Have the scene set in a snowy mountain cabin maybe? Just in case you aren't familiar with the song/video -
. I think the music video itself could provide a lot of inspiration as far as the scene goes. If you need the Zoey Deutch model, I'll see what I can make happen :)

One of the best scenes of entire collection of virtamate, wish it could have complete sequence on same setup-including BJ, Pussy licking,kissing,breast play,anal,complete set is what we need. please make it.

Need some help from you @vamurai , you have option with name "soft body physics" in the sandman scene. how can i get that option in any scene. is there any plugin available to use. i would like my scenes quality to look similar to attached picture. most of the VAM scenes comes up with bad lighting, any easy way to fix it?

Attachments

• Mothers-Warmth-Chapter-2-s.png
    Mothers-Warmth-Chapter-2-s.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 0
Need some help from you @vamurai , you have option with name "soft body physics" in the sandman scene. how can i get that option in any scene. is there any plugin available to use. i would like my scenes quality to look similar to attached picture. most of the VAM scenes comes up with bad lighting, any easy way to fix it?
Sorry abjohn, I'd have answered this sooner, but I've been out of town. The Soft Body Physics are something you can toggle on and off for any person atom in a scene. There are a couple of places you can do this manually on a person. First, go into Edit mode and cycle through your Person Atoms by using the Cycle Person button, or use the N key on your keyboard until you have the person selected that you want to enable/disable this option for.

1663243194011.png

I'll use the scene in question in our example, and I will be using Tiff as our Person Atom. Once you've selected the correct Person Atom, head down to the Control & Physics 1 button. Once you click that, you should see the Soft Body Physics option on the right hand side of checkboxes, as shown below.

1663242184954.png

Keep in mind that while you'll definitely gain some increased framerate when you disable this, your Person Atoms will be less accurate with regards to their skin surface. This means you might see hands and other body parts that pass/clip through each other a bit.

You can also disable Soft Body Physics for different areas individually if you don't think you will need those areas. In the example below, I could disable just the Glute Physics, if I didn't think I would need to worry about those, but wanted to gain some extra FPS there. You can also find those settings on the F Breast Physics 2 tab.

1663242466191.png

If you were looking to put these on a checkbox like I did, you would add a UI button to your scene under Triggers. Go to Toggle Trigger, and add a trigger that looks like this for the Atom you'd like to enable/disable it for:

1663242664429.png

As for your other question, there is both good and bad news about making more realistic lighting. The good news is that the best way is really just to add more lights with different colors. The bad news is that the more lights your machine has to calculate, the more you'll slow your scene down. It's not a hard and fast rule, but I feel like in VaM, the sweet spot tends to be about three lights for decent realism without too much machine stress.

There is more good news here too though. Others have done much of the hard work for you, and there are several plugins that will allow you to add pre-configured multi-light setups into your scene that already look great! n00rp has put together the SubScene Lighting Rigs, which I have used for really quick starting points, but there are also others that are great like Epi.Noah's EpiLights and Everlaster's Lumination. Any of these would be a great starting point to find great lighting, and you can tweak colors, brightness and position to your liking from there!

I hope this helps!

You know, one more thing occurred to me when I reread your question and you mentioned that "most of the scenes come up with bad lighting." That hasn't really been my experience. I've definitely seen some scenes that have bad lighting, but I feel like many people have put time into doing the lighting well. I wonder if it's possible that you haven't enabled enough Pixel Lights in your user preferences? If scenes have a lot of lights, and you don't have enough Pixel Lights enabled, you'll start getting Vertex lights, which I can only describe as "bad" lighting for what you seem to be going for.

Open your Main UI with the hamburger button, then go to User Preferences, and then check that you have enough Pixel Lights enabled. You only need this number to equal the number of Pixel Lights in a given scene, but I usually leave them at six, and then back them off if I run into scenes that have performance problems.

1663243564093.png

You know, one more thing occurred to me when I reread your question and you mentioned that "most of the scenes come up with bad lighting." That hasn't really been my experience. I've definitely seen some scenes that have bad lighting, but I feel like many people have put time into doing the lighting well. I wonder if it's possible that you haven't enabled enough Pixel Lights in your user preferences? If scenes have a lot of lights, and you don't have enough Pixel Lights enabled, you'll start getting Vertex lights, which I can only describe as "bad" lighting for what you seem to be going for.

Open your Main UI with the hamburger button, then go to User Preferences, and then check that you have enough Pixel Lights enabled. You only need this number to equal the number of Pixel Lights in a given scene, but I usually leave them at six, and then back them off if I run into scenes that have performance problems.

View attachment 156574
Thanks. Really appreciate your reply and suggestions. will try your suggestions. you have created one of the best scenes on virtamate, after looking at your scene, i feel it is possible to create jackerman kind of films in VAM. Hope you create more situations in this sandman scene and add BJ,HJ,Oral,Anal and many more things into it.

Thanks. Really appreciate your reply and suggestions. will try your suggestions. you have created one of the best scenes on virtamate, after looking at your scene, i feel it is possible to create jackerman kind of films in VAM. Hope you create more situations in this sandman scene and add BJ,HJ,Oral,Anal and many more things into it.
I have revisited a scene once as a request, I suppose I could try and revisit this one as well. I'm pretty far into my next scene, it's my longest by a LONG shot, and with summer being over and work picking back up, it's taken a while to complete. I'll definitely consider a revisit in this scene when it's finished though.

Hi. One of the best scenes out there, works great with custom looks. I just have a problem with, I think, cum_cloth showing from the moment the scene loads (look like a big messy spider web between her legs) till the end. I mean, it's fine if I remove that ''clothing'' item at the start through editor, but then it is not there in the end. I'm still learning how to use VAM so sorry if the solution is something stupid and I don't know it.

I keep seeing
White spikes 01.jpg
(as in after reload, not after image) white spiky obscura around the genitalia. Have played about with all the in-scene
White spikes 03.jpg
settings but it just won't go away. Waaa! It is there for the whole "ride" and during free look. Any ideas?

I keep seeing View attachment 361982(as in after reload, not after image) white spiky obscura around the genitalia. Have played about with all the in-scene
View attachment 361983settings but it just won't go away. Waaa! It is there for the whole "ride" and during free look. Any ideas?
My guess is this is due to how many pixel lights you have going, or possibly a different performance setting. I know when I'm animating, I'll drop the visual quality settings way down so I have super good FPS during animating, and I'll see stuff like this. Then when I bump my performance settings back up they all go away. I don't know exactly which one, but I'd start with the number of lights in the performance settings. (NOT in the scene. I'm 100% talking about performance options in the menu of VaM under user settings, nothing to do with the scene.)

I keep seeing View attachment 361982(as in after reload, not after image) white spiky obscura around the genitalia. Have played about with all the in-scene
View attachment 361983settings but it just won't go away. Waaa! It is there for the whole "ride" and during free look. Any ideas?
So in this scene I used "Skippy's Cum Cloth." To help with frame rate, I have the sim disabled in the physics tab of the clothing items (I am using three different clothing items here) and the alpha adjusted all the way down in the materials tab.

1714663485180.png

When the orgasm part of the scene comes, I enable the physics and turn the alpha back up.

The scene load should trigger turning off the physics and dropping the alpha. The Stop/Reset button also has triggers for this. It plays the "reposition" animation, and on the Tiff Atom, there is a trigger that's 1 second in that should set all of this:

1714663189567.png

I tried reproducing it with some of what Bob Nothing suggested, but even with all of the performance setting as turned as low as I possibly could, I still couldn't get it to do what you're seeing.

I do see an update on Skippy's Cum Clothing that implies there was a problem with older scenes, though he doesn't specifically say what it was. Maybe try downloading/updating the plugin with whatever version is the newest?

Quality Setting High High Quality Physics soft body physics on, Pixel Light count is only 2 Glow effects Low Smooth Passes 2
When I start the scene, it bumps pixel light count to 3 Smooth passes to 3 and glow to high
Fiddling with all the settings up and down made no difference. Turned off all the scene options, including the great music.
Updated, Skippy's cum stuff (same version but pulled it down anyway). Finally I cleared the 250Gig cache, and hit the "Reset To Default".
Even restarting vam after all the above, problem persists. Thanks for trying, but I am deleting the var and moving on.

Back
Top Bottom