• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Mr. Sandman

Scenes Mr. Sandman 3

vamurai

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vamurai
vamurai submitted a new resource:

Mr. Sandman - Tell her that her lonely nights are over...

DETAILS

Mr. Sandman bring me a dream!

View attachment 64223

It was a long time coming, but I'm finally finished with this scene.

View attachment 64225

I built it using my custom Tiff look, and a simple room that I threw together in Blender/Unity specifically for its window seat view.

View attachment 64226

The inspiration for the scene came from a video I saw a long while back...

Read more about this resource...

Ok, believe me that as soon as I learned "A new Vamurai scene is out", I was ... veryhappyindeed! :p

But ...
,,, it's doing weird things to my view in VR. :( (bad "doublevision")

As far as I could ascertain at first glance, the "culprit" is located on ControlView atom, MacGruber's Essentials suite - the Antialiasing subplugin.

Dunno WHAT exactly it is doing (though, tbh, I don't like the sound of AA set to "extreme" by default ... we don't all have monster-rigs with 3070s and the latest Intel CPU ...), but disabling that sub-plugin fixed the "doublevision".

Mild additional critique: Usually, when I get " viewport weirdness", I just go to the atom that sez "autofocus" and delete it outright - but turns out that in this scene, the atom labelled "autofocus" has an instance of Timeline running - so deleting it would have corrupted the scene ...

Could you have a look at what that AA plugin is doing? And maybe set some less high-end settings as default?

And maaaaaybe (!) ... disentangle the plugins a bit? (By which I mean that "scene-critical" plugins like Timeline don't run on the same atom as "non-critical" plugins that push the visuals - I'm a MacGruber patreon myself, so nothing against Mac's work, but ... I don't have the rig necessary to run the ultra-highend gfx settings in VR and keep a framerate that would allow me to keep a physics-cap at 3 or so <- So even if I "know" what is likely happening, I found it pretty ... taxing ... to find a specific plugin while trying not to puke from going cross-eyed, and I only managed to locate it quickly bcs I have the patreon-version of JayJayWon's PluginAssist ...

Lovely scene. nice music.
Shame not made for VR as this is def a scene which lends itself to vr haha
Great UI and wonderful setting and lighting with a realistic view.

I did see some issues with pov but if its not meant for pov or vr then this is expected though a shame.
I often find embody has a few issues with this and often rely on improved pov.

66652.png

Also there were some issues with getting locked into certain modes.
On desktop this isnt such an issue but in vr which people will use it for, its a little worse.

Pressing "cam on" by accident or intentionally seems to lock you into the blur effect / plugin but its tricky to get out of as the ui is not illegible due to blur and it auto closes the ui leaving the user effectively blind.

RESET will resolve this issue but you cant see reset...
Possibly consider removing the effect or add a way to reset more easily or disable the effect at will so that users dont get locked into this effect? again in vr its more problematic.

5445354.png

Reset works very well and overall stability was excellent ...well done!
Though there were some slight issues near the scenes end.

8848.png

efeef.png

Overall excellent work and i only bother to detail these hiccups because it is such good work.

Ok, believe me that as soon as I learned "A new Vamurai scene is out", I was ... veryhappyindeed! :p

But ...

As far as I could ascertain at first glance, the "culprit" is located on ControlView atom, MacGruber's Essentials suite - the Antialiasing subplugin.

Dunno WHAT exactly it is doing (though, tbh, I don't like the sound of AA set to "extreme" by default ... we don't all have monster-rigs with 3070s and the latest Intel CPU ...), but disabling that sub-plugin fixed the "doublevision".

Mild additional critique: Usually, when I get " viewport weirdness", I just go to the atom that sez "autofocus" and delete it outright - but turns out that in this scene, the atom labelled "autofocus" has an instance of Timeline running - so deleting it would have corrupted the scene ...

Could you have a look at what that AA plugin is doing? And maybe set some less high-end settings as default?

And maaaaaybe (!) ... disentangle the plugins a bit? (By which I mean that "scene-critical" plugins like Timeline don't run on the same atom as "non-critical" plugins that push the visuals - I'm a MacGruber patreon myself, so nothing against Mac's work, but ... I don't have the rig necessary to run the ultra-highend gfx settings in VR and keep a framerate that would allow me to keep a physics-cap at 3 or so <- So even if I "know" what is likely happening, I found it pretty ... taxing ... to find a specific plugin while trying not to puke from going cross-eyed, and I only managed to locate it quickly bcs I have the patreon-version of JayJayWon's PluginAssist ...
noooooo! it strikes again! infamous post magic double vision haha
I havent tried it yet in vr but i know this issue far too well haha
So this isnt a vr scene sadly but if you want to fix it its to do with the blur effect plugin...youll need to disable it asap. Macgruber post magic thingy haha
So turn it off in package manager and it resolves the issue. Such a pain when youre in vr making this almost impossible to fix without going to desktop haha or go into the scene via another scene.

Go into open package manager and find the scene /
then click on references
and scroll to macgruber post magic
and then click on it /
then unclick enabled at the top and that should fix it.
Youll need to save it too for future use. Be aware youll likely need to re enable post magic if you use it elsewhere.

If this doesn't work pls say....though vamurai may fix this by then possibly by adding a turn off post magic option in the ui.

Last edited:

But ...

Interesting! I think what I'll try doing is having the regular camera disable that plugin entirely, as it's really necessary for the effects during the cam ride. Let me disable it, save a new test var, and have one (or both) of you guys with VR try it again and see if it helps.

Lovely scene. nice music.
Shame not made for VR as this is def a scene which lends itself to vr haha
Great UI and wonderful setting and lighting with a realistic view.

I did see some issues with pov but if its not meant for pov or vr then this is expected though a shame.
I often find embody has a few issues with this and often rely on improved pov.

View attachment 64284

Also there were some issues with getting locked into certain modes.
On desktop this isnt such an issue but in vr which people will use it for, its a little worse.

Pressing "cam on" by accident or intentionally seems to lock you into the blur effect / plugin but its tricky to get out of as the ui is not illegible due to blur and it auto closes the ui leaving the user effectively blind.

RESET will resolve this issue but you cant see reset...
Possibly consider removing the effect or add a way to reset more easily or disable the effect at will so that users dont get locked into this effect? again in vr its more problematic.

View attachment 64287

Reset works very well and overall stability was excellent ...well done!
Though there were some slight issues near the scenes end.

View attachment 64289
View attachment 64290

Overall excellent work and i only bother to detail these hiccups because it is such good work.
Darnit! I thought I resolved that issue. The image above shows what happens when Tiff's leg gets stuck inside of Attom's. In the final animations, they are supposed to switch to her legs outside, and his inside. I will try again to sort that out.

I will see if I can work out a way to break out of the blurred/missing menu problem when you exit cam view. I noticed this while building it, and the only way I could break out of it was running the "lights on" animation and then resetting. Maybe I will see if I can leave the "lights on" always visible somehow...

<...>

Go into open package manager and find the scene /
then click on references
and scroll to macgruber post magic
and then click on it /
then unclick enabled at the top and that should fix it.
Youll need to save it too for future use. Be aware youll likely need to re enable post magic if you use it elsewhere.

If this doesn't work pls say....though vamurai may fix this by then possibly by adding a turn off post magic option in the ui.

Ok, thx for the link, buuut ... I don't really see a reason to block Mac's plugin outright in Package Manager (as you said, disabling it in Plugin Manager may very likely lead to errormsgs in other scenes - and VaM's "red window" is super-unhelpful when it comes to figuring out what exactly is going wrong ...), bcs simply disabling the AntiAliasing plugin in the scene fixes the problem toot sweet - just as Mac himself said in the very post thread you generously shared:

Just tried. Disabling PostMagic's AntiAliasing effect is enough. That definitely worked in VR back when I released PostMagic, something broke it. No idea why anyone is using that crappy FXAA implementation anyway. Note that it is likely not fixable, PostMagic is just exposing old deactivated code inside VaM that was never meant to be used. That's why the effects are so bad.

Also, I'm not sure the scene isn't suited for VR per se? (I agree that the gfx options appear more suitable for a Desktop run due to performance issues, but that doesn't mean the scene can't be edited quite readily? I did the same with "Last Goodbye" and it's a treat in VR with a little fiddling & disabling some plugins, so ...)

Note to vamurai:

It might be a good idea if Mac's AA plugin wasn't enabled by default? It's fixable if you know what to look for, but I doubt that a VaM-noobie would know what to look for ...

Ok, thx for the link, buuut ... I don't really see a reason to block Mac's plugin outright in Package Manager (as you said, disabling it in Plugin Manager may very likely lead to errormsgs in other scenes - and VaM's "red window" is super-unhelpful when it comes to figuring out what exactly is going wrong ...), bcs simply disabling the AntiAliasing plugin in the scene fixes the problem toot sweet - just as Mac himself said in the very post thread you generously shared:

Also, I'm not sure the scene isn't suited for VR per se? (I agree that the gfx options appear more suitable for a Desktop run due to performance issues, but that doesn't mean the scene can't be edited quite readily? I did the same with "Last Goodbye" and it's a treat in VR with a little fiddling & disabling some plugins, so ...)

Note to vamurai:

It might be a good idea if Mac's AA plugin wasn't enabled by default? It's fixable if you know what to look for, but I doubt that a VaM-noobie would know what to look for ...
Yep, I'm actually just going to disable AA in the next release, hopefully in the next few hours! :)

Yeah ... personally, I've had to edit most of the other default gfx parameters lower to get a stable 35+fps with physics-caps 2 in VR (RyZen 7 3800x, Ry 5700XT, 32 Gb 3600Mhz dual - not a "monster", but certainly no clunker either ...).

Given that there's A LOT of physics interactions happening in the scene, 35 fps with cap 2 is probably the safe minimum for VR - TL;DR - there's a lot of gfx options I simply can't afford in VR (Film-grain? Can't even remember ever enabling that one ...)

Note: Please don't take this the wrong way! I'm "bitching on the luxury-level" here! This is a gorgeous scene, and you've clearly put a lot of thought into every little detail - much more than is standard - but ... I can't run it at the settings you defaulted.

Last edited:
The biggest and easiest way to gain some of those frames back is to kill Soft Body Physics, but without VR, I don't know if that holds true when you're outside of Desktop mode. The clipping issues are a bit disappointing when you turn off Soft Body though, which probably ruins immersion a bit in VR.

I'm about to release an updated version that at least disables the Antialiasing, which should fix the VR ghosting problem. I also made sure that the depth of field is disabled when you launch in non-cam-ride mode. I'm still trying to work out how best to deal with "oops, I launched in cam-ride, and hit escape to end it, but now the menu is blurry so I don't know what to do next."

vamurai updated Mr. Sandman with a new update entry:

Some performance and usability fixes.

Fixes for version 1.1:
  • I have disabled Anti-Aliasing in PostMagic to solve the VR ghosting issue, and also increase framerate a little.
  • Starting without the Cam-Ride will also disable Depth of Field in PostMagic, this shouldn't have been too big of an issue without the camera since the aperture was so high, but I did notice that I picked up a couple of fps in POV/Embody view by disabling it. Maybe it'll help in VR?
  • If you start the scene with the camera ride, Depth of Field...

Read the rest of this update entry...

fantastic scene!!
can I know the name of songs?? mr sandman n last good bye
have a good one
Oops, that's my bad! I'll go update that in the scene credits now!

The song for Mr Sandman is actually called "Mr. Sandman," and it's a cover by the artist SYML. The song in Last Goodbye is called "Goodbye" and it's by the artist Soap&Skin.

Fantastic work!
My only wish would be to control the transitions so it would last longer....

Fantastic work!
My only wish would be to control the transitions so it would last longer....
That's totally fair. The 10-second steps are a bit fast. They're short because it's matched to the measures in the music. I could have increased to 20 seconds per animation, but man, animating 20 seconds in timeline is tough! Those little dots get indistinguishable from one another after about 12-15 seconds, especially with faster animations.

The biggest and easiest way to gain some of those frames back is to kill Soft Body Physics, but without VR, I don't know if that holds true when you're outside of Desktop mode. The clipping issues are a bit disappointing when you turn off Soft Body though, which probably ruins immersion a bit in VR.

There's an alternative to killing all Softbody physics outright via the VaM main GUI (as you've mentioned, killing all SBP might negatively impact animations due to clipping/physics errors) since actually, there's several "softbody physics" options for different regions of the body that can be enabled/disabled separately - it's eg quite common to disable glutes & mouth softbody physics, since the former is rarely even observable and the latter is really only needed for BJ scenes. RedEyes' session plugin offers options for more fine-grained softbody physics control, but TGC also found a way to control them via Triggers ("In the Club" scene). I could check the latter scene for details on the trigger-setup, if you're interested?

There's an alternative to killing all Softbody physics outright via the VaM main GUI (as you've mentioned, killing all SBP might negatively impact animations due to clipping/physics errors) since actually, there's several "softbody physics" options for different regions of the body that can be enabled/disabled separately - it's eg quite common to disable glutes & mouth softbody physics, since the former is rarely even observable and the latter is really only needed for BJ scenes. RedEyes' session plugin offers options for more fine-grained softbody physics control, but TGC also found a way to control them via Triggers ("In the Club" scene). I could check the latter scene for details on the trigger-setup, if you're interested?
Interesting. I'd be very curious to try that out on a granular level to see if it helps.

RedEyes' plugin is available here, and I'll go have a look at trigger-logic in TGC's scene shortly.

On closer inspection, TGC triggered different softbody regions (breast, glutes) by setting up a toggle that triggers the loading of physics presets (one each to turn breast/glute physics on/off), which ... does the job, but loading specific physics presets is a less general solution that I sought (In practice, if you wanted to use different custom physics presets AND be able to toggle them on and off, you'd have to create four (six) different sets of presets, rather than simply (de-)activating the currently active physics settings for every region, whatever the the other values of the settings may be.)

However, it's possible to use VaM's Trigger system to toggle the crucial storable(s) directly. If you'd want to create a custom trigger yourself, you'd have to set it up as follows:

(Atom -> Receiver -> Parameter)
* Person -> BreastPhysicsMesh -> On/Off
* Person -> LowerPhysicsMesh -> On/Off (*)
* Person -> TongueControl -> tongueCollision -> On/Off

((*) Edit: A specific "GlutePhysicsMesh" doesn't exist. Going to have to be a little careful with this one here & check that it doesn't disable all softbody physics on the whole lower body. We only want the booty to be less wiggly, not to mess with the vagina triggers/phyics/morphs!)

Those three storables are the very same that RedEyes GiveMeFps plugin calls "Breast-/Glutes-/TonguePhysics Sim", as you can see eg in lines 816ff of their plugin:
atom.GetStorableByID("BreastPhysicsMesh").GetBoolJSONParam("on").val=BreastPhysicsState;
atom.GetStorableByID("LowerPhysicsMesh").GetBoolJSONParam("on").val=LowerPhysicsState;
atom.GetStorableByID("TongueControl").GetBoolJSONParam("tongueCollision").val=TonguePhysicsState;

Though, in general, I suppose using RedEyes plugin is the more comprehensive solution.

I threw together two quick demo-subscenes to show how to link various physics-storables with triggers -> You can just load them into a scene that contains a female person atom: " SS_PhysicsToggles.json " is for a female person atom named "Person", while " SS_PhysicsToggles_Tiff.json " is for a female Person atom named "Tiff" - you can just load it into your scene and test whether you like it.

Hope that helps a bit.

P.S.: There's other storables that can be triggered the same way that may also be worth a look as to how much they affect performance, eg the booby self-collider etc.

Attachments

• SS_PhysicsToggles.json
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SS_PhysicsToggles_Tiff.json
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Darnit! I thought I resolved that issue. The image above shows what happens when Tiff's leg gets stuck inside of Attom's. In the final animations, they are supposed to switch to her legs outside, and his inside. I will try again to sort that out.

I will see if I can work out a way to break out of the blurred/missing menu problem when you exit cam view. I noticed this while building it, and the only way I could break out of it was running the "lights on" animation and then resetting. Maybe I will see if I can leave the "lights on" always visible somehow...

Tried it in vr finally and new version works fine but consider adding the following for bonus points haha now or next time.
  • A volume control for the music so we can lower it but hear the female clearly rather than just turn it off.
  • Add a mirror across the window as it looks awesome and have a button to turn it on and off for higher end pcs.
  • For VR an option or version without embody and instead improved pov or the embody possession version.
  • And if you're brave i recently saw an animated sky line so the clouds scroll across in time lapse. This can be achieved via a plugin, a gif or a you tube video of clouds at night.
Just simple ideas which make the scene even more awesome :-D

1631247791.jpg

1631247827.jpg

1631247811.jpg

Not working in VR for me, each time I try to load it up I'm getting double 2D images, any workaround?

Not working in VR for me, each time I try to load it up I'm getting double 2D images, any workaround?
yes read above...we ve already dealt with this issue caused by post magic plug in but its been fixed by the creator. so make sure youre not using var 1 and have the update 2 :-D

@vamurai , I'm just selfishly hoping that you've got another scene of this class in the works!
I was hoping to have my next oñe done for Halloween, but it looks like I'll miss that mark by a bit. It'll be less cinematic, as I'm going for a first-person view. This class? Haha, this was definitely the most complex one I've made. I animated myself into a corner MORE than once.

I can't promise the next one will be this ambitious, but I'm absolutely doing some new stuff I haven't done before. Teleporting and flying, and a lot of dark lighting. It should be... Interesting.

I was hoping to have my next oñe done for Halloween, but it looks like I'll miss that mark by a bit. It'll be less cinematic, as I'm going for a first-person view. This class? Haha, this was definitely the most complex one I've made. I animated myself into a corner MORE than once.

I can't promise the next one will be this ambitious, but I'm absolutely doing some new stuff I haven't done before. Teleporting and flying, and a lot of dark lighting. It should be... Interesting.
Hey man, beggars can't be choosers, I love the work, you're truly an artist, and I would add, cinematographer. Looking forward to anything you have in the works.

A couple of screenshots from render done in 4k by my 3090 for the video made for my wife with my modified version of AnnaK. She says it's the hottest scene she's scene from VaM.

AnnaK Sandman1.png

AnnaK Sandman2.png

Back
Top Bottom