Question Morph to change the height of the waist

needlife

Reactions
I am looking for a morph to change the height and width of the waist, as well as to change the height and width of the chest and legs.
I used morphs like this, but after reinstalling I lost them.

All morphs you want are standard morphs, if you don't have them something essential is missing therefore not as it should be.

Morph/Waist
Morph/Chest
Morph/Legs

Everything you are asking for is in there.

Upvote 0
Hi,
like HolySchmidt said, many of those morphs should be included in the game's build-in standard morphs. Those normally can't get lost, because they are enbedded in the game's supplemental core files.
But if you are missing some morphs you had before, but can't find after a re-install,
then those morphs most likely came with some previously installed custom morph packs.
Some custom morphs packs comes with hundreds of additional morphes. There are some very common ones of them at the Ressources/free/morphs/ section (the early ones, all the way at the end of the list) here at this website.
Many downloaded looks including some few morphs (each), too. If you delete such a look, then those morphs will be deleted, too. But those morphs are most of the time very specialized ones, and most likely not the basic-morphs you are searching for.

Upvote 0
This is a very common and big morph pack, for instance, that I (among many other very good ones!) would call a "must have". Maybe you previously had it (or other ones) installed as an additional "dependency" for some downloaded looks or scenes.

Upvote 0
Hi,
like HolySchmidt said, many of those morphs should be included in the game's build-in standard morphs. Those normally can't get lost, because they are enbedded in the game's supplemental core files.
But if you are missing some morphs you had before, but can't find after a re-install,
then those morphs most likely came with some previously installed custom morph packs.
Some custom morphs packs comes with hundreds of additional morphes. There are some very common ones of them at the Ressources/free/morphs/ section (the early ones, all the way at the end of the list) here at this website.
Many downloaded looks including some few morphs (each), too. If you delete such a look, then those morphs will be deleted, too. But those morphs are most of the time very specialized ones, and most likely not the basic-morphs you are searching for.

but i only have width
no waist and chest height
waist.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
thanks for the detailed pictures, this helps to understand your issues.
-Please make sure, if you can find similar morphs in other sections.
Those morphs doesn't neccessarily have to be in the "morph/waist" section!
Maybe you find sections named like "waist_reloaded", etc.
-Please have a look at other "body part" sections, too.
For instance: in "morph/hip" you will find morphs to adjust the height and length of the hip and pelvis,
which will also adjust the height of the waist! In the "upper body" section you may find morphs to scale the upper torso, aso.
-Sometimes you will need workarounds to do a certain body shape. For instance: If you use the "body scale" and "height" morphs in "morphs/body", you can adjust the body proportions. Use the "morphs/head/shape" morphs to adjust the head size after this. You can mix different full body morphs, and remember: you can dial in negative values, too!

It is a bit difficult to give an answer like: you will find morph "xyz" in section "abc", because due to the many custom morphs around and the different names those have used over the years, plus the ability to sort out morphs in different sections, only maybe the build-in standard morphs are somewhat comparable.

Upvote 0
Hi,
thanks for the detailed pictures, this helps to understand your issues.
-Please make sure, if you can find similar morphs in other sections.
Those morphs doesn't neccessarily have to be in the "morph/waist" section!
Maybe you find sections named like "waist_reloaded", etc.
-Please have a look at other "body part" sections, too.
For instance: in "morph/hip" you will find morphs to adjust the height and length of the hip and pelvis,
which will also adjust the height of the waist! In the "upper body" section you may find morphs to scale the upper torso, aso.
-Sometimes you will need workarounds to do a certain body shape. For instance: If you use the "body scale" and "height" morphs in "morphs/body", you can adjust the body proportions. Use the "morphs/head/shape" morphs to adjust the head size after this. You can mix different full body morphs, and remember: you can dial in negative values, too!

It is a bit difficult to give an answer like: you will find morph "xyz" in section "abc", because due to the many custom morphs around and the different names those have used over the years, plus the ability to sort out morphs in different sections, only maybe the build-in standard morphs are somewhat comparable.
Hi,
in similar sections there are no morphophs I need, hip also has no height change.
But on your advice, I found how to change the proportion of the body, it partially helped me. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi,
in similar sections there are no morphophs I need, hip also has no height change.
But on your advice, I found how to change the proportion of the body, it partially helped me. Thank you.

That is strange. I have taken a look at only the few build-in morphs (I personally have more than 10 000 morphs installed), and there is definitely a build-in morph to change the height of the hip in "Morph/hip".
Did you allready have try to run a repair scan from within the VaM installer?
If you are into look-creation, I strongly recommend you to install some selected additional morph packs like the one I have linked above.

Upvote 0
Btw, I noticed that changing height of the waist or hip adds some sort of deformation to the belly in some poses :unsure:

Upvote 0
Btw, I noticed that changing height of the waist or hip adds some sort of deformation to the belly in some poses :unsure:
Yes, definitely.
The figures doesn't only have so called "bones" with joints, but also defined sections of the mesh surface which are bound to this bones. If you are changing the length of the bones ond/or the position, you will deform those sections, to.
In addition to this, VaM has its own complicated system of colliders. Think of a large number of geometrical basic figures which will fill up the entire body. If you scale and deform body parts, you will somehow scale and deform those coliders, too... which isn't always working flawlessly.
If you take a look at the hip region, you can easily see, this area is somewhat delicate:

27XeGrEI3v_Y9icXjigA5vaxv3JkT5dYJuecGmGgmcj6R5zzqThp8SSVmu3I7U-bI1Z02r9jpaLZODaEB6xucMmR_bPxXsB3hH26X2IMbIzRGsL8IMuC4uk7mBeMDzhbF6lbb6FQ

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom