Morph Merge and Split

Plugins Morph Merge and Split

Thanks for this, since you stated that most of this came from Project Canyon's work, can you explain how you improved it and what your additions were?

It seems like you improved it in a lot of useful ways, but I was just hoping you could specify how.

Thanks for this, since you stated that most of this came from Project Canyon's work, can you explain how you improved it and what your additions were?

It seems like you improved it in a lot of useful ways, but I was just hoping you could specify how.

The main improvement is the "Auto fix head height" option. Without it the separate use of head or body morphs can introduce a head offset, making them difficult to manipulate.

The main improvement is the "Auto fix head height" option. Without it the separate use of head or body morphs can introduce a head offset, making them difficult to manipulate.

Oh, very cool! The improvement I noticed and liked was the removal of 'auto' morphs!

This sounds like having some useful additions to famous Morph Merger!
I will definitely give this a try!

Question: I don't know how the seperation of head an body is done... are you specify some vertices coordinates?
Would it maybe be possible to seperate the mesh in even more parts?
Maybe it is only me, but sometimes I would like to exchange other body parts, too, like hip, feet, legs, breasts, arms, shoulders... Your "auto fix height" could maybe work on such parts, too?
Unfortunately the "normal" tools like Morph Mass Manager doesn't work with mixing allready merged morphs.
But I guess this will come with other unpleasant issues like arms being thinner than shoulders or hands, for instance.
So this is most likely a bad idea.

This sounds like having some useful additions to famous Morph Merger!
I will definitely give this a try!

Question: I don't know how the seperation of head an body is done... are you specify some vertices coordinates?
Would it maybe be possible to seperate the mesh in even more parts?
Maybe it is only me, but sometimes I would like to exchange other body parts, too, like hip, feet, legs, breasts, arms, shoulders... Your "auto fix height" could maybe work on such parts, too?
Unfortunately the "normal" tools like Morph Mass Manager doesn't work with mixing allready merged morphs.
But I guess this will come with other unpleasant issues like arms being thinner than shoulders or hands, for instance.
So this is most likely a bad idea.

Thanks for your support. 😃

I've thought about what your suggesting and in fact my dream would be to have a tool to separate the breasts from the body.
But it's a very tricky problem, take for example the head/body split: once all the morphs are merged, the plugin filters the morph vertices associated to the head and put them in a separate morph. If that's all it did, we would have the head height problem. This problem is caused by the fact that head vertices coordinates are both modified 1) because of the appearance of the head and 2) because of the general body height (all vertices of the head are shifted downwards/upwards to fit the body). The whole issue is to separate the influence of these two aspects. For the head it is quite straightforward because you can assume that the body influences uniformly the head height. But separating the influence of the body on some of its parts such as the breasts or the hands is another matter. I have some ideas about how to do it but I'm not sure it will work and I have other plugins in the works. 😁

This might be obvious, but how do you actually merge the morphs together? I'm not seeing the option for that in the Custom UI, unless its in Jaywon?

This might be obvious, but how do you actually merge the morphs together? I'm not seeing the option for that in the Custom UI, unless its in Jaywon?

Follow the process (next -> next -> export) and then it will export morphs containing the sum of those selected in step 2.

I haven't got to try it yet, but this is awesome. I was just asking about something like this a few weeks ago. I didn't have any luck with any of the other free morph splitters/managers. Mostly because of my understanding of they worked. I ended up just tweaking some morphs manually to get what I was looking for. I'm looking forward to trying this one out. Soon, I'm sure. Thanks for making a new one.

Thank you ! This works very well and very usefull !

Also, i got a suggestion/request for a future version :
Compatibility with Futa models, it seems only male morphs are saved in the process.
IE : It is possible to save both male and female morphs ? Even if they are separated, that will be amazing !

I haven't got to try it yet, but this is awesome. I was just asking about something like this a few weeks ago. I didn't have any luck with any of the other free morph splitters/managers. Mostly because of my understanding of they worked. I ended up just tweaking some morphs manually to get what I was looking for. I'm looking forward to trying this one out. Soon, I'm sure. Thanks for making a new one.
I...don't really understand these plugins either, I must be understanding the concept. I thought it would allow me to take the head from one look, and place it on another.

I...don't really understand these plugins either, I must be understanding the concept. I thought it would allow me to take the head from one look, and place it on another.

It does allow you to do that - you take the look you want to take the head off of - you then save it as a split morph. Now do this to the looks you want the body of.

Then you close and reopen VAM

Now you'll have 4 new morphs, the head and body for both (of whatever you named them as).

Now take the body from one, the head from the other and apply them to a default model - poof!

@Strange - Yeah me either. I still haven't tried this new one so maybe it works as simple as @Switch described. I must have done something wrong with the other plugin. Had the wrong settings or didn't correctly set the merge check boxes. I had to be doing something wrong because the results I received were, shall we say, of the Cronenberg variety.

Thank you ! This works very well and very usefull !

Also, i got a suggestion/request for a future version :
Compatibility with Futa models, it seems only male morphs are saved in the process.
IE : It is possible to save both male and female morphs ? Even if they are separated, that will be amazing !

I found a way for multiple genders persons.
When exporting morphs of a futa model, i switch the skin preset to female one, and then be able to export the female morphs in another process

@Strange - Yeah me either. I still haven't tried this new one so maybe it works as simple as @Switch described. I must have done something wrong with the other plugin. Had the wrong settings or didn't correctly set the merge check boxes. I had to be doing something wrong because the results I received were, shall we say, of the Cronenberg variety.

There is no 'merge' option in this one, juste exporting morphs.
To merge, the exported morphs must be applied to the new model (preferently a default or zeroed one) via sliders.

Can you explain further please. I have 8 files. 2 head and 2 body for each look. How exactly do I merge them?

Can you explain further please. I have 8 files. 2 head and 2 body for each look. How exactly do I merge them?

Apply the morphs to a model. If you want to merge them into one, then don't split the morph when you choose to export it.

Hi
i installted the plugin, and was able to spilt morphs, now how do i use them on an atom
Thanks

Hi
i installted the plugin, and was able to spilt morphs, now how do i use them on an atom
Thanks

Once morphs are created, you have to restart the game, then select a person atom, go to the "Male/Female Morphs" tab and search for the morph name.

Thanks for your support. 😃

I've thought about what your suggesting and in fact my dream would be to have a tool to separate the breasts from the body.
But it's a very tricky problem, take for example the head/body split: once all the morphs are merged, the plugin filters the morph vertices associated to the head and put them in a separate morph. If that's all it did, we would have the head height problem. This problem is caused by the fact that head vertices coordinates are both modified 1) because of the appearance of the head and 2) because of the general body height (all vertices of the head are shifted downwards/upwards to fit the body). The whole issue is to separate the influence of these two aspects. For the head it is quite straightforward because you can assume that the body influences uniformly the head height. But separating the influence of the body on some of its parts such as the breasts or the hands is another matter. I have some ideas about how to do it but I'm not sure it will work and I have other plugins in the works. 😁
FWIW, I think that the feet at least might be do-able at the same level of difficulty as separating the head and body morphs

At least I'd hope it would be.

Would it be possible to upload screenshots of the simple steps it takes to split the body morph and applying the new body morph to a new model?

quick question about this one. i know in the older original project canyon merger , you had to untick all the boxes for "left" and "right" morphs or else the end result would look funny because it doubled up on all the morphs that had main morphs plus separated left/right ones. do you still have to do that here?

!> Compile of ceq3.MorphMergeAndSplit.2:/Custom/Scripts/ceq3/MorphMAS/src/MorphMAS.cs failed. Errors:
!> [CS246]: The type or namespace name `Utils' could not be found. Are you missing `PrefabEvolution' or `Leap.Unity' using directive? in <Unknown> at [4, 7]T
Thanks for great work! But I cant load this plugin, can you please tell me how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom