Answered More Atom(People) Flexibility?

3rdStoryline

Reactions
Anyone know of a way, or plugin, to make Atoms/People more flexible? I've tried adjusting colliders with no luck. Tried just forcing it, but then it causes physic's explosions. Is there something I'm overlooking?

No, not really. If you have already tinkered around with colliders, than I think you are out of options. I guess, you have allready tried to disable some of the physics functions, too?
Forcing people to do things they don't want to do, is always a bad idea. This holds true even for VaM.
If you really want to do those extreme poses in VaM, then your only option might be to disable collision completely.

By the way, don't do poses by only pulling one joint node away from the body. If you pull a node away from its origin too much, then it will build up tension force, that may lead to jittering and physics explosion.
Instead of this, use the other nodes, too. For instance: If you want to pose the hand in a pose that does not work, use the ellbow and shoulder joints, too.

Upvote 0
I'm primarily trying to make the back/spine more flexible. Contortionist posing and what not. And yea, I've even turned off collision. Yet I can't get an atom to get anywhere close to some poses I'm trying to mimic. I think the issue might be the size of the joints/bones themselves. Because when I shrink the torso with a morph to an extreme extent, then suddenly they can bend more, but by that point the person is looking pretty messed up.

I was able to squeeze a bit more of flexibility by holding most all joints, and having their hold strength maxed out. But the slightest wrong move on any of the joints at that point would cause a physics explosion.

Is it possible to make a morph that shrinks the bones? But doesn't affect the look of the person? I have not tinkered with Morph creation in Daz enough to know.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to make a morph that shrinks the bones? But doesn't affect the look of the person? I have not tinkered with Morph creation in Daz enough to know.

No, bones, skin weighting and all the other rigging stuff are working close together. If you shrink, for instance, the shin bone, you are shortening the lower leg. The whole VaM/DAZ figure is devided into regions, like pelvis/hip/abdomen1/abdomen2/chest/shoulders/neck/head...
As you may realize, many of those regions are exactly one of the bones.
If you move the bone, you move and deform the corresponding body region in a pre-defined way.
To add bones and joints, you would have to add a completely new skeleton and therefore rigging to VaM.
Without re-writing VaM 1.x completely, you can't do that.

Upvote 0
No, bones, skin weighting and all the other rigging stuff are working close together. If you shrink, for instance, the shin bone, you are shortening the lower leg. The whole VaM/DAZ figure is devided into regions, like pelvis/hip/abdomen1/abdomen2/chest/shoulders/neck/head...
As you may realize, many of those regions are exactly one of the bones.
If you move the bone, you move and deform the corresponding body region in a pre-defined way.
To add bones and joints, you would have to add a completely new skeleton and therefore rigging to VaM.
Without re-writing VaM 1.x completely, you can't do that.
Ah okay.
And hey, thank you for all your efforts across the Hub, I've noticed your actively trying to help people almost(if not every) day. Its really appreciated. All the Best to you TToby.

Upvote 0
A bit late but have you tried Muscle manager? Works well for me.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom